Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NeverMoQuestion ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:09PM

Are there garments that are sleeveless? Like a tank top?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:14PM

No, the women's have more of a cap sleeve.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:15PM

The garment that you are given in the temple is mostly for modesty; but we joke here about them being "magical" but there is a promise that if you're faithful, they'll protect you physically.

If someone cuts off the sleeves of the garments so they can wear a summer dress of top, they have rendered the oath/magic useless so they may just as well go without.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 03:16PM by dydimus.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 04:56PM

I cut my garments down the middle when I was a nursing mother.

I viewed it as a choice between two rights, the mandate to reproduce being the higher good.

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:34PM

Wimmins what wear tank tops and the like are trampy, skanky sorts. Men go nuts if they see shoulders and upper arms.

:::::::::::::::::peering around:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Oh, MOMMMMMMM........................ about that outfit you's wearing....

Reggie
The Fashion Critic StalkerDog™

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 04:39PM

The church has altered the style and lengths of garments...so maybe someday the women's will look like this: http://postimg.org/image/smrmykozt/

(edited image link)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 05:15PM by eunice.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 04:58PM

Geez! A little NSFW warning, huh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 09:31PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 05:16PM

Add that to the subject

Posted by: NeverMoQuestion ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:37PM

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm thinking about for men in particular. There is a group of faculty at my daughter's school who all seem to be LDS. The school and surrounding area have a strong LDS presence. I've noticed quite a few faculty members at athletic events clearly have garments on under their sporty school shirts (for example, temps in the 90's, but there are clearly garments under their lightweight shirts). But there is one guy who seems to "fit in" with the rest (crew cut, wholesome talk all the time, etc), but he always has the tank-top on under everything. He's normally wearing a white shirt and tie, and the tank top shows through like it's illuminated, and when he wears those lighter weight kind of shirts, it's so heavy that I can still make out the tank top going over the shoulders and across his back. Is it possible he's LDS but not wearing garments yet?

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:59PM

Yes, possible. Finding out whether he served a mission or not would be the oblique way to figure out if he's been through the temple.
But asking straight up if he has been through the endowment ceremony yet would answer it definitively.

Some get endowed but never serve missions, some don't serve missions and never go through the temple until marriage, some get a civil marriage because they have an asshole bishop who never declared them "worthy" to go to the temple, and some are "sinners" who are honest enough to confess to their bishop something mundane like masturbation which really can keep an otherwise saintly good person out of the temple.

Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 04:10PM

Men's garment tops have sleeves a little longer than a regular t-shirt.

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 04:22PM

Maybe you have stumbled onto a new issue garment for men. Maybe that is why they declassified the old type in the recent underwear video.

Onward and upward. Follow the trend, but not so closely anyone notices.

Posted by: london ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 04:44PM

They're the modern day equivalent of a chastity belt, in that no first time or extramarital encounter will probably go very well because the LDS person is thinking "like OMGosh," am I really going to go through with this, break my temple covenants thereby placing myself in the hands of El Diablo? If the encounter is with a non LDS person, the garments acts as a natural libido inhibitor, thereby providing "protection."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.