Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pathos ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 10:45PM

So I got bored and watched "The God Makers: 2" yesterday on youtube. I know, it's not the most reliable 'expose' on Mormonism and the obvious evangelical undertones are fairly off-putting...but in it they talked about a sex scandal involving Gordon B. Hinckley where he was basically having bi-sexual orgies at parties up in the hills of Salt Lake.

I thought I had heard it all, but I have never heard of this before.....ever. Does anyone have any information or know of any articles about this on the net? I perused google and searched board history but couldn't find anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 11:04PM

Posted by: pathos ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 11:42PM

Thanks for this Margie!

Very interesting...I personally find the accusations hard to believe. I was just shocked to have never heard of this before.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:43PM

From the link:

"The case against President Hinckley seems to be based on some very questionable statements. Since there is no hard evidence to support the accusations, we would advise all those working with Mormons to refrain from disseminating the story. Even if absolute proof should turn up, a Christian would still have to consider the fact that twenty-six to twenty-eight years have passed since the alleged offenses occurred and there is always the possibility that there was repentance and a change of life style during that interval."

I agree.

Posted by: Idahoan ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 11:06PM

That part is hilarious. I don't think anybody believes it's true but it would be awesome if it was.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 11:12PM

Folks!

That would make me die a happy man were it true.

Ole Gordo humiliated me for me own adolescent peccadiloes in that dank little office of his back in 68.

Salamander justice for the weasly little skank.

Please God let it be twoo.

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 11:22PM

Lol..you have a way with words Shummy. Well done. He couldn't be described any better.

Date: October 29, 2014 12:41AM

Hugh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol..you have a way with words Shummy. Well done.
> He couldn't be described any better.

Guess I gots chaismus in me jeans written in DNA.

Wot can I say?

Posted by: L TOM PETTY ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 02:55PM

Reading between the lines, the guy on the video who accused Hinckley of being homosexual was excommunicated himself; apparently the Hinkster railed on him for being gay. It sounds like he was pissed at how he was treated and probably delighted in going after Gordo. His accusations against the Hinkster don't seem credible at all, but the part about being treated like crap by Hinckley rings true.

Posted by: greengobbleyguck. ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 11:42PM

Think! Where are the boys he had sex with. Will they come forth on this spot? Have they come forth on another website. Someone has to been talking if it went to court.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 07:29AM

No need to lapse into 17th century English. Mormons think it makes them sound Biblical.

"Come forward".

Posted by: lr2014 ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 12:09AM

Just to be clear,there is nothing to link GBH to sexual misconduct that is reliable.However,if you haven't read of his sly actions during the Hofmann fiasco I would advise reading The Mormon Murders book-GBH like the other Q15 =False Prophets and Liars!

Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 08:50AM

YES!

Posted by: Particles of Faith ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 09:38AM

That book is great especially since it summarizes the church promotions of those GAs (the Hickster included) after the whole thing settled down.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:47AM

I just finished reading both of the books written about the Hofmann tragedy, written a few years after he'd be sent to prison.

I remember reading them when they were published, but maybe because I was still sort of TBM at the time, I didn't notice all the details of GBH's (and Oaks and Hugh Pinnocks) complicity in trying to hide the details of what he had sold/given them.

If nothing else makes you know that it's all a pile of smoke and mirrors, those books will do it.

Date: October 29, 2014 03:57AM

The true heroes of that tale were the cops who spotted Markie's cracked ink that Spencer failed to see through his majick magnifying glass.

Posted by: Third Vision ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 06:18AM

That picture--of Hoffman with the current FP (Kimball, Tanner, Romney) as well as Hinckley and Packer--is absolutely priceless. I think it was from 1981.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 06:56AM

I bet that stuff could be dug up on Tommy Monson if one dug deep enough.

Back in the day, my guess is Tommy was quite a playa.

Posted by: Elnephi ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 09:31AM

I was traveling to SLC in 78 and went to lunch with a forth generation wild Son of high profile family. As we drove around in his Cadillac he pointed out the party house where he said gbh had once with other brought their sex partners to. He said that gbh liked black. I blew him off as crazy which he was and I was a tbm and NW and an rm. this has surface again and again over nearly 40 years so today I kinda believe it. I know what money and power does to the sex drive of man.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 12:43PM

GBH sure would have fooled me for being described as a guy with an over active sex-drive. He may of had money and power but I think it would be hard pressed to find anyone that is wife confided into and say that she was the most satisfied woman because of what GBH could do in the bedroom.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 10:04AM

I wonder if Mormons feel the same way about this, as they do about a member's doubts about the church/the BOM?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence", they say. Ok. So absence of evidence against Hinckley means...what?

That such evidence is non existent? Or it exists and we just haven't seen it, prayed for it hard enough, had enough faith for to to be presented to us yet?

I mean, really, they cannot have it both ways with that statement. Absence of evidence is absence of evidence, no more. Because if no evidence is found means it exists and can be found if looked for long enough, and prayed for hard enough and if we just have a little faith, then I guess we can expect a big comeuppance for the church, any day now. Oh, wait...

I don't believe the stories about GBH, though it is weird that his initials are the acronym for "grievous bodily harm" and also for a date rape drug by the same name, but, oh well. I don't believe it, simply because the source info is corrupted, and provably so. Even those who worked with Decker on the prior film felt he was way off base on this one. Those already predisposed to be doubters of Hinckley and his church and had evidence for such doubt, The Tanners, felt the same. I tend to discount what whackos with a track record for being whackos, say when they also have no evidence at all for their whacko claims.

Same goes for LDS claims of Joseph Smith being a prophet and his BOM being true.

As far as proof or evidence being found, if there is any: when was this alleged to have happened? A member's church file would be at the COB, right? But the complete file held there would have such alleged evidence only if the alleged events occurred, and only if a member or victim confessed to them or reported them, correct? If no one did that, then no such record within church files exists of any of it. Even if it happened. Alternative: If these alleged events happened and the alleged victims were non members, then I'd bet no official record of such a thing exists within the church at all. Not unless they were a party to a lawsuit or criminal case, and maybe not even then. I don't know if the church does "press clippings" or "press mentions" of these sorts of things and inserts or attaches them to member files.

Maybe this is one reason no member can see their own church file, except to see ordinances performed? COB keeps anything and everything and all alleged black marks against them are in the hands of church leaders, to be used in any way they see fit. Kind of like the way Scientology keeps records on their people and yanks them out and spills what's in them in public, whenever the member quits.

The church track record on abuse reporting has been so abysmal over most of the years they have been in existence, I'm not certain any alleged evidence would ever be found. The church claims now to have stopped all that funny business and put safeguards in place to prevent future cases. And yet, the frontline "lay clergy", the bishops among them, more often do things like tell two minor girls to just pray away their father's sexual abuse of them, and to forgive him:

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20051122&slug=abuse22m

The problem is: who polices the police? Who bishops the bishops? There is a hotline for bishops to call if they come across a victim or an abuser in the regular course of their work. It's a "let's protect ourselves first, shall we? " sort of hotline, by all accounts, designed to limit the liability of the church rather than help its victims. But never mind. The phone number is there, it exists.

It only exists after much controversy over the church's alleged lack of action on known cases, their alleged bumbling, fumbling and mishandling of evidence, and only after much internally reported abuse went civilly unpunished, allegedly, or properly addressed, also allegedly.

But what happens if the person responsible for calling that number is the abuser, themselves? Then nothing goes anywhere, and nothing is done unless the victims go to the police.

Can anyone imagine that in latter days, or former ones, it would have been any different?

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 12:11PM

When you think of all the pedos in the Catholic church hierarchy, then it would not be beyond belief that Mormonism also has major skeletons in its closet - be they similar pedophilia claims or other sexual escapades of its members. My gut tells me that wherever there are men with money and power, some sexual scandals are quite likely - they just go with the territory!

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 12:43PM

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:20PM

L Tom Petty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.salamandersociety.com/slamtoons/telesti
> al/2006/061108blash_hinckleys_cane.jpg
>
> Of course there is proof. You just have to look
> harder.

That was a gift from Bill Clinton as a thank you for the church doing his geneology.

Posted by: Nomomo4evermo ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 02:00PM

No, Gordon B. Hinckley did NOT frequent the party-house in question, but a close male relative of his DID. That relative later became a Stake President and a Seventy. Retired now.

Date: October 29, 2014 03:18PM

I heard Gord had to have gay sex with Larry King and Mike Wallace to be sworn in as a above 33 Degree illuminati mason. Heard it took place up at the old Rockefeller estate.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 04:17PM

Let's try not to look at it in black and white terms.

The Morg has a history of sexual perversions, as we know.

Maybe what Baer did was take some truth and embellish it.

Personally, I believe that Hinckley had some culpability.

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 04:52PM

Some facts about this: It all started in dispute over cherry orchards in Utah. The Baum family claimed the church stole their family orchards from them. This even made 60 minutes back in the day

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd0asb_cbs-60-mins-1979-lds-garn-baum-part_news

Well one of the family members hired a private detective to get dirt on GHB Hinckley. The detective found this guy who claimed to be GBH’s sexual procurement guy and lover. He claimed to have hired girls for a party house in the SLC Avenues. GBH would then come to the house and party. They recorded 4 video testimonies of this guy just before he died.
Then they held underground firesides and showed this video and tried to get people to together to impeach GBH as Mormon prophet. I was at one of these meetings in Utah County in 2006. I do not know if this is still going on.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 05:09PM

I remember the cherry orchard scandal. This was in the late 70's. The case was investigated and the Baum's claims verified. The church wanted their cherry-pitting invention even more than the land.

It was around that time I began meeting disgruntled Mormons, including one couple who ran a fruit stand in Provo Canyon and connected people with Sandra Tanner and Ed Decker.

They told me some of these rumors and I said I wanted to meet some of the people who were making claims. They introduced me to a man in his forties who said he had a homosexual relationship with GBH when he worked at a car dealership he was involved with.He seemed depressed that no one took him seriously and was willing to provide details, but I didn't want to hear that. He told me there were others who were being encouraged to come forward with their stories, but he doubted anything would come of it because the church told him he would never find employment in Utah if he kept up his claims against GBH. He felt threatened and was planning on leaving the state.

There were other rumors involving procuring underage girls for GBH. No other apostles were ever mentioned as having such an appetite.

Kathleen Waters

PS. Has anybody ever heard of the urban myth circulating in the 70's of the underage black girl found in Pioneer Park with her face burned off? Her dying words were that she was dumped there after going through tunnels. (sounds like Gorky Park)

Date: October 29, 2014 06:54PM

Date: October 29, 2014 05:12PM

There is a second video that shows the dead orchards. So sad.

Date: October 29, 2014 06:56PM

Date: October 29, 2014 04:57PM

The church is a carmel covered onion and the more layers you peel back the more it smells.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.