Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: La_Capa ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 09:56PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 10:30PM

Well Jeez Louise!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 12:56AM

unconstitutional, Pure & Simple.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 01:06AM

The Monster Mash came out in 1962! This shows how far behind the times St. George is. Really? 1962? I was 9 years old then. I'm 62 now. Mormons need to get over themselves.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 01:57AM

Good grief! The 1984 original is on all time on TV! It might be dated in some parts, but it's message isn't! This sounds like something out of Rod Sterling's "Twilight Zone" from the 60's or any number of SciFi series and movies! What's next? What TV shows and movies they watch maybe? Their grocery shopping??

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 02:45AM

THANKS. Today was another day in which I needed to be reminded HOW HAPPY I AM NOT TO LIVE IN UTARD.

I imagine in St. George, they'd rather have people getting knocked up and knocking people up rather than dancing. Dancing doesn't provide homes for all of spirits who are waiting. Breed baby Breed till your uterus falls out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 02:47AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 06:08AM

Mormons don't have a reputation for prohibiting dancing, but they do aways want it under their complete control. That is the issue here. Halloween brings to mind a flyer I once saw for a Mormon dance. It had in large print on the bottom "NO CROSSDRESSING!!" Also, masks were not allowed. Of course Mormon dances are always chaperoned to insure the kids touch one another very minimally.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 10:04AM

It's a very Mormon way. They create a stupid rule, others say the rule is stupid, then the rule makers say, no, problem is that they didn't follow the stupid rule.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 10:06AM

Interesting too, is the fact that the meeting where the permit application could be approved, was canceled with no reason given, right before the deadline for said permit to be approved.

Makes you go Hmmmmm...

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 10:31AM

It looks like they're being jerks. But sometimes there is a sense that there is a potential problem, and you use a minor ordinance or procedure to curtail a situation before it gets out of hand. A hypothetical explanation: the dance would have called for overtime cops, and the overtime budget was topped out. Not cool, but understandable.

In Boston, there is an ordinance against playing frisbee or ball in the street. I never locked anybody up for it, but it was helpful to have that option if a situation got out of hand.

They may have been jerks. They may have been using administrative discretion.

Posted by: paulsal ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 05:21PM

that st george is a weird place. went there or my sons triathlon a few years ago very unfriendly

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 06:03PM

Some of my most insufferable Momo relatives live there. Perhaps it's a good repository for semi-fundies.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 06:03PM

The whole thing is ridiculous. But the most ridiculous part was where the cops cruised the "party," watching for any "spontaneous dancing" that might break out, ready to arrest the organizers if any kids made dance-like moves while they were socializing in a large venue with music playing. Because, of course, the organizers had complete control over whether or not any of the kids spontaneously made dance-like moves...

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 06:11PM

Mormon Dances are an oxy-moron and are much more of the former than the latter.

Date: October 29, 2014 07:17PM

Thing I've observed about Saint Garge is that it's a haven for old farts.

From the day Brigham Dung planted the first crop of cotton.

Who, btw stylishly rode down ev'ry fall in his fancy Fancher coach we must remember.

Darkies and Lamanites brought in da crops while the despicable lout was fooking about..

.. in his holey white drawers a snuggling with his hapless whores.

But I digress....

St G is like unto Mesa, a sunbelt capitol with a lotta capital from a lotta old fossils with their entire lot of fossilized ideas.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 08:19PM

Mormons worship rules.

Date: October 29, 2014 08:34PM

Rules are for fools.

Laws hack your jaws.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.