Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 11:08AM

Since the church historically has loved to shove it's nose into the sex lives of it's members, I would assume in the day it had all sorts of rule regarding how polygamous marriages should be ran. Did the church say bop one wife at a time or could you have one big orgy with them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedrive ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 11:10AM

That has got to be one of the most rediculuous questions I've ever heard on this board.

Your question merits no reply.

What a waste of bandwidth.

Posted by: Bob..not registered ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 12:01PM

Great topic to start the morning!

There are lots of sex secrets. There are groups of mormon swingers, friends in wards that hook up, bisexuality in marriages with girlfriends or boyfriends.

Some people really love the church for the religion. Others simply use it as a way to find people to have sex with. That has always been the case.

In the old days, before electric lights, polygamists were supposed to have separate living quarters for each wife and her kids. But I can't imagine not wanting to be in the same house with all my wives and kids around the fire on a cold winter night in utah. In those circumstances, one thing leads to another...I guarantee it!

Date: October 14, 2010 12:49PM

I lived in Draper and LOT's of swinging going on. My wife and I were invited to join by members of our ward and strangely the liked to attend the temple before doing the switch a roo nasty. My sister in law says lot's of it in Lehi and Highland going on.

I maintain many stay in the church because they can build relationships of trust to fleece the other members. For sex, money, or to simply use them. It's not so much about family, it's more about f*cking and fleecing. Always has been.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 11:18AM

The group in Manti Utah split in two over the issue in the 90's. One part of the group wanted to undoubtedly fun free for all, and the more conservitive side didn't; so they split in to two groups.

I know which group I'd go with, don't know about the second poster.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 11:51AM

The church used to tell men how often a woman should have sex (1-2 x per month), but to stay spry, he needed multiple and ever younger women. On the other hand, I have never seen anything to suggest concurrent nookie sessions, unlike the nuts in Sanpete County.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 12:23PM

Any polygamous society that is successful does so by suppressing jealousy.

They marry sisters, because they get along better. They marry young women because they are more trainable.

They schedule sex and keep it private. There is nothing erotic involved, because if word of that got out to the other wives there would be hell to pay.

Sexual license is poison for polygamy and I doubt you'd find any large group could sustain it as a lifestyle for generations whether it's by religion or tradition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 12:24PM by Heresy.

Date: October 14, 2010 12:45PM

I have never known a threesome that doesn't turn into disaster. A friend of mine and his wife invited his wife's friend into a sexual romp and the next thing he knows the wife runs off with her friend.

In college I got drunk with my girlfriend and here room mate. One thing let to another and well, a big love in was the result. It ruined the relationship after the alcohol wore off.

I've never heard of a multiple partner relationship ever working because yup, jealousy. Maybe in heaven it works but not here on planet earth. I will give Joseph Smith an A for trying.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 12:49PM

Take it from someone who has had an ongoing triad for 9 years now. It can work. It takes even more effort than 2 people living together, but it can work.

Date: October 14, 2010 12:51PM

I thin you only become a god if you can make a threesome work long-term. Maybe it's the test we were all sent here to do. LOL!

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 01:06PM

Many people around the country are quietly making it work.

Thing is, you have to re-examine every assumption you have about what is "natural" with respect to human mating habits.

For instance, the idea that the male is by nature promiscuous, while the female is more choosy is ridiculous. The female human has been MADE more choosy by cultural expectations, since females are much more sexually malleable than males. Women who get past their cultural conditioning are no less prmiscuous than men. Perhaps more so.

Date: October 14, 2010 12:54PM

Heresy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any polygamous society that is successful does so
> by suppressing jealousy.
>
> They marry sisters, because they get along better.
> They marry young women because they are more
> trainable.
>
> They schedule sex and keep it private. There is
> nothing erotic involved, because if word of that
> got out to the other wives there would be hell to
> pay.
>
> Sexual license is poison for polygamy and I doubt
> you'd find any large group could sustain it as a
> lifestyle for generations whether it's by religion
> or tradition.

In other words, a man obsessed with power gets off controlling the harem more than he gets off on having great sex. That says a lot. It shows how sick and twisted the men in the church who practiced it were.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 12:27PM

One of my ancestors married two sisters, and on the wedding night with the second wife the three of them slept in the same room. I can't seem to find the reference. I've gone through a few of their biographies, but the story might have been handed down word of mouth in the family.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.