Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 10:51AM

My Exmo friends,

This is NOT a solicitation.

But I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for a worthy cause. I belong to a group here in LA called the CMG (California Mens Gathering). It's a support group for men who get together often, socialize, and hopefully improve their lives. It's not limited to gay men, but that's who it's comprised of for the most part.

Last year in October, CMG formed a team to walk in the AIDSWalk LA. I was proud to walk with them, and will walk again this Sunday, October 17. (This is part of the reason I am unable to be in SLC for the Exmo conference. Believe me, it was a difficult choice to make between the two.)

I set a goal to raise $XXXX, and today, thanks to a dear and generous friend in France, I exceeded my goal by $65!

I just wanted to share my happiness with you all, and my appreciation to all those who have helped.

Again, this post is NOT a solicitation!

Since I'm no longer part of the Morg, let me say that I am GRATIFIED to belong to a group of people who are raising money for a REAL cause, and not for a "sky Daddy."

I've been blessed with a strong and healthy body for more than 60 years, and would like to participate in the walk to give back to the community that helped me get where I am today.

:-) <--- Genuine Smile

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 06:29PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.