Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: November 15, 2014 06:23PM

In http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/19-FloraAnnWoodworth.htm, we read about JS's liasons with Flora Ann Woodworth. JS gave Flora a gold watch...which apparently had belonged to Emma. Emma found out the relationship and the watch and was angry and demanded it back from Joseph and was angry with him as any rational woman would be upon finding your husband sleeping with another woman.

William Clayton penned the following about the exchange...

“President Joseph told me that he had difficulty with E[mma] yesterday. She rode up to Woodworths with him and called while he came to the Temple. When he returned she was demanding the gold watch of F[lora]. He reproved her for her evil treatment. On their return home she abused him much and also when he got home.

He had to use harsh measures to put a stop to her abuse but finally succeeded.”

Can you or I surmise what "harsh measures" he used against her to silence her? A backhand to the face? A punch in the gut perhaps, pulling her hair, or maybe threatening her with death...or maybe strangulation? Could have been anything...as long as it inflicted enough pain on Emma to silence her in her anguish.

So, not only is this horrid church defending the adultery of this filthy man, but also his domestic violence...over and over and over...oh and let's not forget what Martin Harris did to Lucy his wife when she stood up to him about giving the money to the fraudulent Book of Mormon. I believe she got a right good shiner out of that.

Disgusting...........Filthy and disgusting. For any of you current TBM's reading this...don't think for a moment that you won't be next if you dare step out of line. Don't read these stories and think..."it's all changed now...no one would ever treat me this way". Bull. Stand up for yourself. Defy. Challenge. See what happens. This church has only one use for females and anything above the waist is really immaterial.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 15, 2014 06:45PM

but ... but ... but he was a prophet !

Date: November 15, 2014 06:47PM

"prop" he was doing was propping up his penis to aim at his victims.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 15, 2014 06:58PM

I have mused that Smith trapped Emma Hale into marriage by raping her. This is my theory alone.

Date: November 15, 2014 07:01PM

Either Emma had every intention to be a part of this cult and the fraud from the start or she was the first victim.

Makes you wonder.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: November 15, 2014 07:06PM

Emma, according to William Law, was party to the whole fraud. But that does not excuse Joseph's treatment of her. He was emotionally, sexually, and physically abusive to his wife.

No doubt the Mopologists will say: "Actually hitting your wife was legal in those days unless you used a stick." Hell, if it works for grooming and raping a 14 year old, why not for a little wife-beating?

I agree. Disgusting friggin pig of a prophet. Lying snake of a weasel man. I hate the son of a bitch, to be honest.

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: November 15, 2014 07:23PM

Few people realize the Emma was with Joseph the night he stole a horse and carriage and "procured" the plates.

This event is detailed by Lucy Smith, Joseph's mother in her book.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 15, 2014 07:07PM

If my husband was giving my jewelry away to his girlfriend, he'd have hell to pay. He certainly wouldn't be coming home with me.

Date: November 15, 2014 07:15PM

...to seduce and lie to very young girls...to lust after 12 year olds...and seduce them by the age of 14. Totally normal.

Oh, and TOTALLY NORMAL...to marry other men's wives...other men's pregant wives. Totally NORMAL.

And...to hit your wife, cheat on your wife, threaten your wife, steal her goods, bring other women into her house to have sex with...totally normal.

And...to drink alcohol, smoke tobacco, conspire to take over the USA with blood and force...TOTALLY NORMAL.

And...to send people out to Europe/UK and have people leave their homes and families and come to the USA to be prostituted into polygamy...to have their fortunes stolen through land speculation...to be ruined...TOTALLY NORMAL.

And...to send people out to murder those who challenged you...TOTALLY NORMAL.

And...to send your followers out to steal, kill, and destroy people who do not think or believe like you...TOTALLY NORMAL.

And...to turn your followers into polygamists, murderers, fanatics...TOTALLY NORMAL.

And...to destroy families for the next 200 years...TOTALLY NORMAL.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.