Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 11:45AM

Mormonism, for over a century struggled to keep members in the fold due to the polygamy controversy.
As Waterman pointed out, the doctrine of polygamy was superseded by doctrine of infallibility (Woody Woodruff’s big lie).

Ever since, Mormonism has become an all-encompassing obsession with obedience to the prophet. This weekend, I had an a dream about high school, when I woke up I looked up one of my friends, who I don’t follow on FB but with whom I am still friends.

He had posted a series of videos from Holland, Bednar and Monson. With introductions such as: “to my non- Mormon friends, this is why I believe”, “this is why I love having a prophet!”, “God Speaks to Mankind today”. All of the videos were some stupid platitude, some silly tear jerking story.
I am so sick of you Mormons reducing faith to emotion….and faith in Christ to faith in your leaders.

Why would watching a movie about a mother’s dying wishes for her babies make it true?

Prophets, from the bible to the BOM claimed an experience of being called of God, some revelatory experience, a visitation. What in God’s name qualifies the current prophets to be prophets? They found a bottle of beer in a field when they were 8 and did not drink it? They told the truth and got punished? They visited a widow? Mormons, please tell me what experience qualified Tom Monson to claim lordship over truth upon the earth? Where are his writings on doctrine? Where is he curing Ebola? What is the name of the last person he raised from the dead?

I remind you of Christ’s words:
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The only claim the Mormon church says that these men are prophets is because they said so. Nothing in their luxurious living off church money for nearly a lifetime even hints at prophetic revelation.

On the contrary. They continue to contradict and stumble on their very own words. Often changing their stance days after a conference talk is delivered, I remind you that these are talks that take years and first presidency approval to put together.

Their line of Authority, as if that was a thing, comes from claiming that a guy a long time ago who without revelation or divine intervention, claimed to be a prophet, preceded them in this position (B. Young), a guy who they have currently accepted as not an infallible prophet and whose teachings they have denied and changed, along with J. Smith’s. Is this really God’s work? To bring to pass sneaky changes and apologies to men?

Now you murmur the word “faith” to each other. Your leaders scream it from the pulpit. You quietly repeat it to yourselves as more lies continue to be dug up. As if having faith in something that has suddenly proven false will sustain it and make it true. The entire weight on the claim of the restoration is based on being able to find all truth directly from God. The truth is no longer an ally to Mormonism so you turn to your faith in men, the men who don’t have a leg to stand on.

The same Men who if Christ appeared and started performing miracles, they would deny for not being Mormon. The same type of men who would crucify their God in order to maintain the power of their church on others.

The same men who idiotically paint themselves into doctrinal corners by saying that polygamy is not of doctrinal but that God required it? The ones that say that they sustain the law of the land as a founding tenant of their faith, but with their other side of their mouth admit that their founder was breaking the law and pretending to marry children to have sex with them? The men that fight two ADULTS getting married in a monogamous relationship, those men?

Those are the ones that will save you?

Mormons, if you understand any of the gospels of Christ or accept his teachings, you must understand that they are in direct conflict with what your “brethren” practice. If you have ethics and morals, or a basic understanding of Christ, you can’t continue to shift your faith in Christ to men, in order to make the church make sense in your mind.
As has been prophesied by Joseph Smith himself, the church has stumbled and fallen. I leave you with his words:

"We have heard men who hold the priesthood remark that they would do anything they were told to do by those who preside over them [even] if they knew it was wrong; but such obedience as this is worse than folly to us; it is slavery in the extreme; and the man who would thus willingly degrade himself, should not claim a rank among intelligent beings, until he turns from his folly. A man of God would despise the idea. Others, in the extreme exercise of their almighty authority have taught that such obedience was necessary, and that no matter what the saints were told do by their presidents they should do it without any questions. When Elders of Israel will so far indulge in these extreme notions of obedience as to teach them to the people, it is generally because they have it in their hearts to do wrong themselves"

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.