Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mikemgc ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 06:56AM

I used to post regularly on this board...because it's a recovery board. Eventually, after all the time here that I'm very grateful for, I moved on. I didn't consider myself as recovering, I considered my self "recovered." I moved on...yes, carrying everything I learned here, all the arguments and sometimes fights...even with that Benson guy...lol.

But tonight...it's not funny. I read that whole morg statement about polygamy. And I'm outraged, furious, it is repugnant, evil, dark, ugly, and it goes against everything I believe, everything I stand for.

I'm not looking for responses here, I solely need to vent my anger. I am a voracious seeker of truth and following...but seeing this whole apolgetic and whitewashing media statement from the church about polygamy makes me beyond angry. I am extreeeemly disgusted about how a never ending, never bowing or changin church feels compelled, for what I think is the members on this board screaming here and there that finally,,,they have to address the truth in order to keep their membership.

I can't write about all the bullshit they wrote. Well..I can but there's not enough paper to write on. Let me just say...delve into mormon history...Fanny Alger, Emma, Orson Pratt's life back then. Don't need to write about it all...it's all out there on the internet

I'll just close by saying, their whole propoganda is nothing more than one more step in their bank vault to respond to this board and all that creeps out of it into other places. They feel a need to normalize their past. No, not buying into that.

Keep it going...they are compelled to whitewash the truth. Bunch of Horny old men in polygamy. Old Joe went after teenagers...most of them were disgusted by a 30 year old man. and they protested. And all the women he tried to seduce...one being Orson Pratt's wife.

That was then, this is now. I believe that ALL women are my equal. I feel no need to rule over them, I have no sexualintensions. I would love nothing more than to see a woman as president. After all, all the men have already fucked up shit. I'm a proponent for women. I want them to be in charge, I want them to hold "the priesthood" I am married 33 years and would certainly be open to my wife being in charge. I love women in my own way. I live with one woman and she is enough for me. I find polygamy ugly, destsible, dark, black, evil, self serving, good god, I've run out of the ugly stuff.

This statement is so whitewashed, so apologetic, so designed as many people will gloss it over. Sad. I fight in close quarters. Would be nice to find others willing to put it all on the line. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mikemgc ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 07:08AM

some of that didn't make sense I'm sure. In short, "church statemen" makes me angry. Polygamy...disgusting and evil back then, Bunch of horney old men subjecting 15 year olds and younger into their whims. Church statement...beyond ugly and apologetic. I want women to rise up, leave the church with no explanations, no excuses neceassary...just walk up and leave. Where will any man in the morg do anything without a woman to back him up? Leave them. Show them how fucked up they are. Without women, men are NOTHING. That's all...

Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 10:20AM

The essays are obviously whitewashed and full of omissions, but they can be extremely useful. For example, there are three big takeaways in the Nauvoo/Kirtland plural marriage essay:

* It was illegal.
* 37-year-old Joseph Smith married a 14-year-old girl.
* Joseph Smith married other men's wives.
* Joseph Smith had 30-40 wives.

Granted, the latter two admissions included a bunch of BS about dynastic relationships, blah, blah, blah. But the bottom line is they admitted enough to open the door to more research. These admissions can be used to the open the door for a conversation...let sharing time begin! I would recommend starting with http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/, which provides the clearest summary list of wives to help a TBM better understand the scope of the problem introduced by the essay. Let them read Helen Mar Kimball's poem for themselves to decide whether she really meant "for eternity alone" in the manner asserted by the essay. Let them read about Sylvia Sessions Lyon to better understand the nature of the family ties created by that polyandrous relationship...a daughter named Josephine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2014 02:39PM by Facsimile 3.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 12:38PM

Just the reverse! However, unless someone points out the essays to the TBM faithful, the painted pig will remain behind curtains.

Posted by: Jael ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 01:12PM

According the the essay, JS was commanded to practice polygamy, but God "didn't give him exact instructions". Yeah, OK. So it was God's fault that JS was a pedophile? It was God's fault that JS married other men's wives? And it was Emma's fault that JS had to be so secretive about it?

Amazing how these guys will throw anyone under the bus, except for JS.

Why can't they just admit that polygamy is just plain wrong?! And that JS was a power-hungry pervert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2014 01:15PM by jow.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 01:17PM

Yes, that "didn't give him exact instructions" doesn't work because if JS didn't know what to do, he could have asked for more details--that's the whole gist of most of the "revelations": they were in response to a JS inquiry.

It also doesn't work as an excuse because, IMO, D&C 132 is pretty detailed, and Joe Smith DIDN'T FOLLOW IT ANYWAY!!

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 01:25PM

Go ahead and vent all you need to. Exmos are here to listen.

The Mormons who are lost in their fantasies don't seem to understand that Joseph Smith was Warren Jeffs. Mormonism was an ugly, sick sex cult and nothing more.

The essays, in spite of their omissions and whitewashing, are completely incriminating.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 01:40PM

canadianfriend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Mormons who are lost in their fantasies don't
> seem to understand that Joseph Smith was Warren
> Jeffs.

This...this is the way it was during the early period...

...and then Brigham Young proved to be FAR worse.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 01:35PM

You can put lipstick on the pig but you can't make it whistle.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 02:25PM

Meanwhile.......millions of Mormons are whistling past the graveyard.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 01:58PM

I think the BoM is the thing that converts people and keeps people faithful. I think people just CAN NOT believe that a regular person could have written the BoM so it HAD to be from God.

As long as you believe that JS translated the BoM from God, then it's really hard to get past that.

I'd say showing people how it COULD have been done without divine intervention, and showing the possible timelines and other evidence of that, would go a long way in helping people accept the other damaging historical facts that have been revealed.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 02:00PM

Good to hear from you, old friend. If you really want to get the old angst stirring, check out the comments boards on the Tribune's website.

Reminds me of the old days when the trolls used to sneak in here and raise hell. Right now a friend of mine is nursing a suspension (it started out as a banishment) for the crime of telling the truth. And I should probably disable that e-mail notification before I get tossed in the gulag myself. There's this yayhoo that just won't shut up about how underage marriage was legal in JS's day, and I think he needs to be schooled with the reality that what Joseph Smith was practicing wasn't marriage by most folks' standards.

Take care,

Posted by: Whistling Pig ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 02:01PM

Ah! But you CAN!

You can convince people that MLM opportunities will make them rich!

That any problem is solved with prayer, obedience and tithing.

That submarines full of ancient jews, built like Vikings, created cities of millions. With swords, horses and cureloms!

Making a pig whistle? I believe it!!!

Inthenameofjeevuschristamen ;-)

Posted by: demoneca ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 02:02PM

I understand. Their propaganda and deceit are beyond deplorable. One day I hope the church is outed to all for what it really is and will become buried in history. Nice comment about women, by the way. It's always refreshing too see comments from the opposite sex defending the equality of the other. Like how it's just as good if men want to be nurses and how it's good for women to run for president if they wish. Hurray, equal opportunity!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.