Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ohdeargoodness ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 06:27AM

Get a load of this:

The past few months have seen the rumor/leak mill discuss whether the Church would change its policy to allow part- or non-member families the opportunity to see the actual, legal wedding. For many Latter-day Saints, denying their loved ones access to their wedding has been painful. For others in a similar situation, the pain and awkwardness have not been an issue. Every situation is different, to be sure. It’s none of our places to assume one way is better than another. For every, “My family understands why they can’t go in the temple, and they appreciate that this is so important to me,” there’s a, “My parents have been bitter for years that they couldn’t see my wedding.”

However, it appears that this past weekend, in some temple training meetings, workers were allegedly informed that a change is, indeed, on the way, and in the United States, prospective spouses will need to be married civilly (at a courthouse or wherever) before heading to the temple for their sealing, requiring them to present their marriage certificate (not just a provisional, to-be-signed license) at the temple office.

Full article can be found at: http://thisweekinmormons.com/2014/10/mormon-temple-wedding-changes-say-hello-rest-world-america/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 08:42AM

This got saturation coverage on RFM a week ago. LDS Inc PR department said they "were not aware" of meetings training for such a change, the typical non-denial denial.

What remains to be seen is whether and for how long they will delay the change in an effort to discredit the leakers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.