Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:27PM

I only went because I haven't been on a little trip in a while and where I live, I have no public form of transportation. Going with the family with them playing the choir at full volume is horrible. I had to cover my ears the whole time.

Guess what, during this conference we didn't even sustain the general authorities or officers of the church, not sure if it is mandatory or not anymore, of course they still do it during general conference I'm sure.

We had about 5 speakers and a new patriarch was put in today as well. A man who with devout feeling believes that Joe is a fucking prophet.

We also had a young adult speak, who is about to head out on a mission, another man spoke about how he had been inactive for several years and only recently felt that if he went back, all things would be well and good.

Anyway it was pretty entertaining but the same goal remains, they want the members to come and enjoy the fucking cult and its blessings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:29PM

(CLAIMED blessings)

Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:42PM

Yeah, they claim it but what you realize later on, nothing has happened as a result of attending and listening to these leaders.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 09:21AM

I would consider this significant. It used to occur 6 times per year -- each time at the 3 different semi-annual conferences, (ward, stake, general).

Anybody else notice this in your respective areas?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 11:33AM

as I remem... there were 2 Stk. conferences, only 1 did the sustaining thing.

Sustaining MAY be on the way out, it's sort of an anachronism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.