Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 10:06AM

The bishop is the daddy, the RS pres is the mommy. The Stake pres is the grandfather. Your tbm husband or wife act more like a brother or sister because of an intimacy gap(they are more married to the church than you) The Patriarch is your church sanctioned fortune teller. Your mission president is like a Nazi uncle. The GA's are God.

The church is designed to control virtually every aspect of your life on this earth and even after you die (become a polygamist wife, or a husband with endless polygamist virgins).

They control your sex life, who you date and are friends with, your social life, who and where and how old to marry, how manny kids to have, who can work and who can't, your mormon assignments become your new hobbies, your appearance and what your wear including your underwear. The church becomes like parents to your kids instead of you, You run to the bishop (dad) with all your problems. Your tbm spouse will become dissolutioned with you as you don't measure up to the example of Joseph Smith (which is a false and fantasy example)

Other members will tattle tale on you. Everybody knows your business. The Bishop doesn't keep anything confidential. You can't say no to any assignements, you can't say anything not approved, you can't have a different opinion. You are led to believe you are a favored child because you are mormon and that all other Christian churches are run by satan. Adult women act like they are 13, and adult men are church whipped.

Many leaders even become victimizers like the abusive parent, and you grow up feeling abused. They pry into your life in never ending interviews, shaming and guilting and punishing you for things that are completely normal in the rest of the world. Some leaders are sexual abusive and voyeuristic. Many leaders like to watch you squirm.

You are powerless to change anything in the church. All you can do is bow your head and say yes.... or you can leave and finally take over control of your life. But for many, much damage has been done and recovery isn't quick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 11:29AM

but I think it is more like domestication.

Still haven't read GG&S, but in it Jared Diamond posits that the reason zebras were never domesticated is because there is no alpha male. I guess it's hard to run a herd when everyone about you, including yourself, will eventually get et by lions.

Anyway, his argument is that animal species are domesticated when man controls the alpha male in the group and its access to breeding stock. LBJ said something similar about the Vietnamese.

I think that's what the morg does to people. It controls the males' access to breeding stock. And their hearts and minds do follow.

Glad to see you're still posting, Sixer. I always enjoy reading them.

Posted by: fallenangelblue ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 12:05PM

My little bro takes pride in the fact that I call him a child sometimes. After all, didn't Jesus say to come unto him as the children? Children are humble and submissive and have no room for pride. He sees this as a good thing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.