Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ultra ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 02:27PM

I am the SS Secretary in my ward. A make calling if there ever was one. I tell people supposedly sitting in the hall to get to class and go around picking up the roll..whoopie.

So anyways we had a meeting I didn't attend regarding the ward library, put I got a copy of the information. There will be a whole lot of house cleaning going on.

What I found interesting is that the ONLY information that will be allowed in the church library are the pictures needed for lessons in the manual, scriptures, and material that has 'Corporation of the President' on them.

If it is older than 10 years old with this information it is to be chucked.
Even books written by prophets and apostles that are Deseret Book or Signature, but not Corp of the Pres are to be thrown away or gotten rid of.

No magazines, no materials, no nothing older than 10 years.

Our Sunday School President was sure miffed about it too. He is this older gentleman. He couldn't believe that the library couldn't keep a copy of Mormon Doctrine, since that's where all the 'doctrines of the church' are located.

If a family donates their library of church books, we are to take them...and then throw them out or Goodwill them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 02:53PM

Don't you mean "Deseret INdustry" them?

And then they throw them out.

Just go to DI and look for old church books. Nothing there.

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:18PM

Huh...this is very interesting.

So they are clearing out all the old stuff. And then they are admitting to things like polygamy, but only on their site were most of their members won't even see it.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:26PM

I call it being transparently apparent. Hiding in plain sight.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:04PM

the lesson manuals will likely continue to portray monogamist prophets, to protect the newborn kitties.

Date: October 24, 2014 05:05PM

this is a blatant book burning. Ministry of Truth in broad daylight action.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:22PM

Wow, a sure sign of being screwed.

Do you have a copy of the official letter or the letter that was given you that could be posted online?

I can see how offensive this would be to the older members. They have spent their whole lives teaching and believing this stuff and now it gets tossed in the trash.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:26PM

The inconvenient truth is getting pitched. Too bad they can't control the world. Sounds like a book burning is in store.

Posted by: 1884 ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:28PM

Down the memory hole.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:31PM

See what materials you can grab before they're gone.

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 04:39PM

My very first thought. Be sure to do this.

Posted by: Lillium/NLI ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:02PM

Oh yeah! I wish I had an original Journal of Discourses with the foreword by The Profit urging all brethren to read and abide by it.

Date: October 24, 2014 05:06PM

Fahrenheit 451

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:45PM

Time to grab materials? Yup. Just go to the meetinghouse dumpster and retrieve (if that sort of thing doesn't bother you.)

This is unbelievable.

The one church that has touted "preserving its history" is now the church that must destroy past evidence and utterances of apostles, prophets, seers and revelators. Anything that can cause disaffection must now be destroyed. All the quirky beliefs of older generations must disappear from the library.

If this is a worldwide decree from SLC to the stake presidents, bishops, district leaders and branch presidents, then it means EXACTLY ONE THING: The leaders KNOW TSCC is not true. They must *burn* the evidence in the meetinghouse libraries. They cannot let any rogue teacher use this material and say, "See this is what the church leaders used to say." It must all be destroyed to inoculate the rising generation.

Whose plan from the pre-existence are they following? It sounds a lot like Lucifer's doesn't it?

I'd really like to know if this is worldwide, or a local matter.

Posted by: builderbob ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 04:55PM

I studied my way out of tscc by wading my way through the 7 volume official, History of the Church (1839 - 1856) that I found in my ward library. Even with all the hisroical revisions and as whitewashed as it is, these books have all sorts of shelf breaking information. It's no wonder they want to get rid of it all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 04:56PM by builderbob.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 04:58PM

This sounds like something from the movie "Footloose" from 1984!!Unless they did it in the 2011 remake too!!??

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:03PM

scan and preserve online the "We never taught that!" material

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:07PM

Please, everyone!

Save ALL books, recordings, tracts, manuals, ANYTHING that was printed, published or distributed by LDS, Inc.

They are trying to change history. It is up to us to make sure that evidence of the past teachings are not lost!

JUST SAVE IT!

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:21PM

They want get rid of the evidence that they denied everything they are now admitting to.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:31PM

The Ministry of Truth at work.

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:35PM

I tossed every thing that was church related when I left: Books, scriptures; mission journals, letter, pics; patriarchal blessings, garmies. I guess I was trying to erase my history as well.

Last I knew, my parents had an extensive collection of mormon crap. I wonder if members will be instructed to clean out libraries as well.

At some point, only the truly blind will be still attending a false cult regardless of what evidence is before them. They will have to stop the missionary work and back into a cave and wait for the 2nd coming.

Date: October 24, 2014 05:49PM

redpill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At some point, only the truly blind will be still
> attending a false cult regardless of what evidence
> is before them. They will have to stop the
> missionary work and back into a cave and wait for
> the 2nd coming.

aaahhhh hahahahahaha! <3 :)

Posted by: Anon 4 This Post ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:46PM

Regular poster here -- Anon to protect my identity****

The ward I currently attend (in the Morridor) also received this same instruction. Everything before 2004 must be discarded except for Standard Works and all materials with the official Church seal on them. The instruction we received was everything printed before Preach My Gospel is no longer of use. This includes older Ensigns, New Eras, Friends, etc.

The deadline we were given is as soon as logistically possible, but no later than Dec. 31, 2014.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:51PM

Is this a Church or not. It seems like the Nazi book burnings. I can not believe that the top 15 okayed this. If they did the are scum. If they did I can not believe that not one of them would see something wrong with this.

What about the 70's. Does anyone not see how crazy this is? If they wanted to do it why not state why in conference 2 weeks ago. It seems like they do not believe in being with their fellow men like TBM's must be to get a temple recommend.

Date: October 24, 2014 05:54PM

this is bloody fantastic! what year was PMG?

an info coup detat! only the most obsessively loyal will witness this and not say, whaaa? the foundations are shaking, trembling, crumbling.

Posted by: Anon 4 This Post ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:56PM

PMG was introduced to the worldwide missionary program Fall 2004

Date: October 24, 2014 06:10PM

thanks, so all these recent 19th century prophet-centric, monogamist manuals are the only materials allowed in the wardhouse. Perfect!

will be very interesting if they try to create new manuals including this essay material. i can't see how they can, w/o pushing many more out the door!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 08:56PM by hello.

Posted by: Anon Dunn ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 06:18PM

I'd love to see the official instruction/order for the book burning.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 06:07PM

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

--George Orwell

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 06:26PM

Google never, ever, ever forgets.

LDS Inc is making a very poor decision here.

We are watching the implosion.

Posted by: Lillium/NLI ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 06:39PM

The thing is, it's much more convincing when you see it in person. When you see an old dusty book or an old Ensign that says dinosaurs were put here from another planet you tend to trust that it's real much more than something anybody could have just typed onto the internet.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 06:40PM

I was librarian for four years. I spent a lot of time reading the old Relief Society Manuals.

They had beautiful photographs submitted by the amateur Relief Society Sisters of the church.

Women were featured who had unique crafts they skillfully made. I remember a lady who could cut and twist metal into wonderful works of art.

Another was pictured in her home surrounded by a few dozen doilies and other lace crocheted items. She gladly gave lessons in her ward to anyone who wanted to learn.

Women featured with their gardens, fund raisers, schools benefited by their donations.

There were essay writing contest winners and serial stories written by the sisters.

It reported what they had raised in money and what they were spending it on.

If we still had the original RS magazine I bet we would have had interviews of lady airline pilots, CEOs, Lawyers...etc. But we don't want anyone to know do we?

We can't have anyone know the Relief Society did other things; like plan their lessons and write them and call their own officers and raise their own money and spend it how they saw fit.

Because then we'd see the women used to have a lot more say over the Relief Society than they do now.

It wasn't always a pocket pet of the Priesthood auxiliary.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 08:12PM

OMG OMG OMG. Whoever (Pecker and Oakes?), are calling the shots, are in for the sprint. I wouldn't miss this show for all the tea in China.

And, donbagley, thanks for the reminder of the very apropos George Orwell quote:

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

Yep, the bricks are falling mighty fast.

Next will be the home invasion. Brothers and Sisters, it is time for everyone to immediately do a housecleaning of their home libraries. Following are the rules that must be followed. There will be a friendly follow-up check by the Strengthening the Member Committee.

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 09:18PM

If anyone still has church books, and other printed material, you must keep them.
The published evidence that the church is a cesspit of lies, must be preserved intact in its printed form.
The church is in the advanced stages of damage control, and desperate action to eradicate the recriminating words, statements, pronouncements, etc. of past prophets is currently underway.
The collective mendacity of these shameless fiends and cowards who inhabit temple square knows no bounds.
Let us all do our upmost to preserve any printed evidence that will stand as a witness against them in the interesting days ahead.

Posted by: emmahailyes ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 10:07PM

I have written here a couple times that this happened to my ward 4 years or more ago. I couldn't understand why nobody repsonded.

I was getting ready to move out of state. With my bishops consent I delivered my huge and expensive LDS book collection to the ward library. A couple weeks later I was told to retrieve my books or they would be removed and destroyed.

I couldn't believe it, but it was the end of any belief I had in the LDS cult. It was less than a month and the ward library was completely cleaned out and I was completely out.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 10:11PM

Did you go get them?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.