Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Godzilla ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 12:00PM

How many revelations did Joseph received after an argument with Emma or how many revelations where to convince her of anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 12:08PM

D&C CYA?

Posted by: pathdocmd ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 12:24PM

The Word of Wisdom's counsel against hot drinks was just a passive aggressive way of getting Emma to put up with his drinking and smoking unless she was also willing to give up her coffee and tea parties with her girlfriends. Think about all of the consternation that has caused. What probably seemed like an insignificant thing at the time resulted in countless parents not being able to see their children’s weddings.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 12:24PM

This verse in particular is Smith backtracking on an attempted wife swap of Emma (after she grumbled of his screwing around) and wanted her own playboy ( William Law ?), but he refused the whole wife swapping thing and Smith had to think something up quick!

"51 Verily, I say unto you: A commandment I give unto mine handmaid, Emma Smith, your wife, whom I have given unto you, that she stay herself and partake not of that which I commanded you to offer unto her; for I did it, saith the Lord, to prove you all, as I did Abraham, and that I might require an offering at your hand, by covenant and sacrifice."

For more on this listen to Grant Palmers second John Dehlin set of Interviews.

If I'm mistaken please correct me, as its been a while since I listened.

The whole of D&C 132 is just threats and intimidation over sex for Smith the Cult Leader.

It's complete BS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 12:25PM by zeezrom.

Posted by: Godzilla ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 01:58PM

It is funny (and tragic) and I imagine how the guy every time he wanted something (lets say another girl, a friend's wife, money, properties, freebies) he would get some sort of revelation... (scary tactics).
Actually, he used this tactic not only with Emma but with all his people.

JOSEPH: "o sh*t, Emma will get me on this one... I better write another revelation, quick!".

The more I analyze the guy, the more I dislike him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.