Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 10:09PM

Where I live here in the morg corridor it's going on week 3! I don't think it's going to last much longer. A lot of big high profile movies like "Interstellar" hits movie theaters on November 7th. Or the "The Hunger Games"(first part of two part movie).

There's no way movie theaters would keep it much longer. Heck opening weekend it opened at #11! That's really embrassing on opening weekend! It should be gone by now!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brook ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 10:14PM

I checked it on week two and it didn't even place on the charts top 25

Date: October 23, 2014 10:19PM

Ouch! I guess it's a good thing that my TBM dad hasn't taken me or my TBM Baby sister to see it! Besides our theaters copy has some sound issues with the movie!!

Posted by: oldwoman ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 10:36PM

Starts tomorrow here in Southwest Virginia. I would be very surprised if some of the wealthier members haven't already bought hundreds of tickets so the ticket sales will appear heavy. We are being encouraged to attend this special event!

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 12:55AM

I had Evangelical friends who did this with the Passion of the Christ.

ETA: They would only buy a couple extra tickets, not hundreds of dollars worth, though. But I knew at least half a dozen or more people who thought this was perfectly normal, acceptable. and God-serving behavior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 12:57AM by lily.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 11:34PM

I know that this movie has been dissed quite a bit but there was one clip from the movie that I thought was interesting.

It peaked Glenn Beck's interest as it was about the something he talked about. Apparently, he went to go see it.

One clip from the movie.

"Col. Gail Halvorsen the US Candy Bomber. Halvorsen is retired from the Air Force and is credited with delivering candy rations to the German kids."

"A generation of Germans fondly remembers “Uncle Wiggly Wings,” and many have said it gave them the hope and courage to endure the Soviet blockade. Halvorsen said he spoke with one Berliner who was a child at the time, who said that more than the physical sustenance the food provided, “what was important was somebody in America cared.”

LDS PR made it a puff piece but it was interesting.

Search the blaze website for the article using the text above. They had an embedded clip.

Posted by: joesleftnut ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 11:47PM

Once again the LDS church is taking credit for something one of of its members did. Did the church buy the candy, provide the airplane and fuel, etc? If not, they should probably shut the f*ck up. But I guess only a mormon could be moved to perform act of kindness and charity when witnessing the unimaginable suffering of people who had lost everything.

Date: October 24, 2014 01:28AM

Of course the church cherry picked the story. Their not going to highlight the good deeds of the x,y,z reltions in their own propaganda puff piece.

But if there were more clips like this to fill the time then I would hope an LDS person would go...well how much good as an organization have they done over the years. That would probably a 6 minute clip with a very low contribution dollar amount.

Posted by: txnevermo ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 11:49PM

It's down to 1 theater in my North Texas town. It was at several last week.

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 11:53PM

It grossed $83052.00 yesterday in 333 theaters = $249.00 per theater.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=meetthemormons.htm

Date: October 24, 2014 12:55AM

So how many people per show are attending??

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 12:07AM

Next week would be a good time to go with a mormon friend. Just the two of you in the theater. Doze off if possible.

Date: October 24, 2014 01:29AM

Pay for another movie. Then movie hop and watch a bit. Have a chuckle in the near empty theater and off again to some other task.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 01:08AM

Gone from Maryland.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 01:54AM

It's down to two theaters in the Bay Area, nothing in the East Bay, Northern California.

The comments are filled with Mormon lingo such as "truly edifying."

Ugh.

Kathleen Waters

PS. Do they ever get tired of singing their own praises?

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:52AM

Are there any worthwhile actors in it to even entice people to watch just to see the actors? The storyline is not worth 2 cents.

What happened to the STALKER MISHIE FLICK? Supposed to start on Halloween. Is that still a go? Nobody is advertising it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 03:53AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 08:07AM

It lasted one week in the only theater here that was showing it. In fact that was the only theater in hundreds of miles that was showing it. Dang. I missed it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.