Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 03:24PM

by any chance??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 03:25PM

is it gone already?

Date: October 23, 2014 04:32PM

It went on 'private' for a while. I couldn't get it back up on youtube, and I heard others complain of that as well.

Date: October 23, 2014 03:40PM

Oh ya beauty!

;-)

thanks.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 04:59PM

They had to take down the original and replace it with an edited version. It seems a church member who appeared in the original had a run in with the law. Thats why links to the original don't work anymore:

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-updates-temple-garment-video

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 05:01PM

You can't make up this stuff. Did he have a recommend?

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 05:04PM

It was from stock footage made years ago, so apparently something happened to the person over the years that got them in trouble. No other details

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 11:39AM

Or, there's another way to look at this or talk about it, in re: the guy getting edited out of the video:

He was the exact same person in that video then, as he was the day he got into trouble, and the same person every day before and after that. . Maybe nothing had to happen to this guy to get him into trouble.

Maybe he was the troublemaker and the bad guy, all along. Yet, he still prayed and wore those clothes in that temple. Maybe he just flew under the radar for awhile--it was just that the law or his troubles, whatever they were, simply had a hard time catching up to him?

It's perfectly possible he was a wolf in sheep's clothing, all along, even then.

Who knows?

Interesting that no one discerned that he was trouble, or would get into trouble, BEFORE he went to the temple or BEFORE the release of the original video.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 05:08PM

No joke.

Years ago, we used to kid around and say "get the popcorn ready", but this is it folks - it's here! This "Mormon Moment" keeps getting nuttier and nuttier.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 05:22PM

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 08:47PM

"One short clip used in the video came from stock footage filmed several years ago. It has just been brought to our attention that criminal charges had been brought against a Church member shown in the clip."

Any links to which 8 second clip was pulled without having to watch both at the same time?

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 09:24PM

The clip that is different is right at the end of the video, after the 4 minute mark. The original version showed a family praying while standing. The new version shows a family gathered around a piano, and then praying while seated on a couch.

I saved a high quality version of the original in mp4 format the same day it was posted (file size is 75.4 MB). If anyone needs it (or just wants it), you can email me at dwindlers@gmail.com, which is the email address I use just for RfM and other evil apostate purposes. :P

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 09:03PM

I love the shot of the nun walking down the street wearing a veil she's holding on w/ a strap of elastic under her chin.

It looks like a Halloween costume.

Posted by: annon1 ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 09:06PM

So, let me get this right. Some guy that appears in the garment video is facing criminal charges, so he gets edited out. Just curious though......How come Joseph Smith still appears in church videos? He was hauled into court on numerous occasions. Kind of a double standard, don't you think?

Date: October 24, 2014 01:46AM

Oh lordy..

what a hoot!

They didn't pray and receive inspiriation about this video then did they??

LOL!!!

TOO funny!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 01:55AM

They were making videos like men at the time, not making videos like a prophet, using inspiration....

:)

Date: October 24, 2014 01:57AM

+100!!

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 02:08AM

"You can't make up this stuff. Did he have a recommend?" - He had a recommend for cell black C

Posted by: christiangirl ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 11:26AM

Uhhhgg! Its just all sooo stupid and embarrassing. I hated the calm, "soothing," voice. I am sure a non member would look at this video and think, "wtf?! These Mormons are even weirder than I thought." And why is the "heavenly" placating background music necessary? Its like nails on a chalkboard. Oooo we are so holy and sacred with our cheaply made, ugly underwear. Don't you want to try it?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.