Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jojo ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:31PM

This morning my two cats wanted me to open the front door so they could lay in the sun. As I was approaching the door, a thought went through my mind that it was about time for the JWs to show up. To my surprise as I opened the door a JW was standing there. I didn't even hear a knock. I was so startled that I listened to their spill and took their watchtower literature which I promptly threw in the trash. I usually tell them I'm not interested and close the door but today I was too startled to speak.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lawman ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:51PM

You are screwed. Accepting a copy of the watchtower is like donating to the NRA - now they will NEVER leave you alone!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:53PM

And that's saying something!

If you take their junk, they sometimes come back a week later and ask for it to be returned or paid for. Be ready to say no.

Posted by: 3X (nli) ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 07:54PM

In recompense, one could offer to take the JW's to see that fabulous mormon movie that's making the rounds

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 02:13PM

Wow, it must have been the spirit prompting you to go to the door!

Or just an unpleasant coincidence.

Yeah, I'm going to go with the latter.

I always firmly tell them I have zero interest, and refuse their materials, telling them to give them to someone who will read them instead of me.
Once a few years ago, when we lived at a different address, my wife -- not wanting to be "rude" -- took the materials. They kept coming back every few saturdays for over a year, even though I'd tell them we had zero interest, and asking them to *please* not come back again. It was beyond annoying.

Posted by: purplepansy ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 06:21PM

I used to keep a missionary BOM in a drawer near the door. When JWs would come around, I told them I would take their literature if they would take mine. They promptly left and never darkened my doorstep again until I moved. They have very good record-keeping.

Posted by: Robert Hall the Photo God ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 06:24PM

When they come back tell them of your cats 'inspiration' to answer the door and accept their magazine.

Ask them for another as it was more effective in lining the catbox and absorbing odors than your normal kitty litter.

That might take care of things for you.

Posted by: heberjgrunt ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 06:28PM

Wow that sounds like the spirit telling you to listen up.

They may be messengers from Father.

Posted by: Jojo ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 07:31PM

I use to have a Siberian Husky and his presence always made them nervous. He use to stare them down before they made it to the door. Maybe I should get another.

Posted by: iriemon ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 08:34PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.