Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:26PM

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11346686

Excerpt from the interview/article:

I was at the University of Utah working on a project using E. coli to show Darwin had been right. That was translated back to the family as "Heather's working on Ebola and showing that Darwin was wrong".
-------------

Arrrggghhh! The deadly mormon spin. It hurts even though it is laughable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:51PM

I don't think she left for science but for herself. Mormonism didn't align with her at all and she figured it out sooner than I did in my life.

It is such a square hole for more well rounded individuals. The academics who support Mormonism sound so crazy when talking about their religion.

http://mormonscholarstestify.org/1182/jonathan-adjimani
"My testimony about my newfound faith continued to grow. I left Ghana for Canada to pursue a master’s degree in biochemistry. To my surprise, the church in St. Catharines, Ontario, was right across the street from where I found my student accommodation. By this act I knew the Lord was preparing me to learn more about the Church. It was in Canada that my testimony grew the most. My wife joined me in Canada and was baptized during our stay in Canada. After completing my Master’s program, I got admission to do my PhD studies in biochemistry at Utah State University, Logan, USA. I was now in the home of the Mormons. Logan had some of the nicest people I had ever met on this planet. Even though there were not more than a hundred black Africans in the city, both member and non-member Africans felt very much at home among the Mormons of Logan. It is the city we have enjoyed the most in all our travelling experience. To this day we still maintain our contacts with the good people of Logan. We were sealed in the Logan Temple in 1985."

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.