Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Richard R Lyman ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:08PM

I think we can all agree that LDS Inc. has a super crappy product. I look at this train wreck with amazement as they attempt to play a credible hand with the worst cards imaginable.

Can you imagine being a bishop right now? Consider:

1. Temple garment video made public to the national media. Undoubtedly, some members must be miffed that now their neighbors now know that they wear funky underwear. How embarrassing!

2. Joseph Smith Polygamy Essay -- Bishops are typically awful at Church history and doctrine. Your average bishop cannot explain anything to a member questioning polygamy, Emma Smith, the Book of Abraham, multiple accounts of the first vision, etc. What if members want answers? The bishop is woefully unprepared to offer any.

3. No member in his right mind would introduce the cult to his/her non-member friends right now. It is one thing to have kooky beliefs but to let the outside world know about them is downright humiliating for your typical TBM.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:42PM

If a friend was in the teaching pool it would be interesting to see the whole process play out. Once baptized / Holy ghost process is taken care of wait about 2 weeks. Then the new member discussions start. That's when all of the recent essays should be discussed.

Sister Barlow, you've had such great faith up to this point. Lets build on it because I'm about to share the real deal through these essays. Have faith,pray and you will come to know that all is well in Zion.

Then her head explodes.

It's probably similar to paying $70,000 to Scientology Audit people. You get to the operating theaton III level and you get to read the true origins of Scientology. Your head explodes, you can't believe what you are reading....but there were so many good people that believe it...yet don't talk about the super secret truths.

Scientology and LDS Faith converging.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:45PM

Richard R Lyman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. Temple garment video made public to the
> national media. Undoubtedly, some members must be
> miffed that now their neighbors now know that they
> wear funky underwear. How embarrassing!

For all the faithful woman members outside of Utah, this really would be embarrassing to know that your neighbors had it confirmed that Sexy LDS Lucy does not look sexy with her grandma bloomers underneath that lady jacket and blouse she's been wearing to the professional office all those years.

I wonder if co-workers come up and to Lucy and say girl, I have a Victoria Secret $200 gift card and Thursday off. You are coming with me so we can fix this issue.

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:49PM

I expect it always sucks to be a bishop. Doctrine aside, that's an awful lot of work for no reward.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:52PM

Bishops will keep their mouths shut as much as possible, because the church "is good for people", despite the termite eaten foundations and dime store theology that strain the integrity of anyone who knows the true story.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 08:48PM

Or even being a missionary !

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 08:55PM

It's a lose/lose sucker's game.

Requires Big Brass Balls.

Or no balls at all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.