Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 09:56AM

The Title in that (Cognitive Dissonance) Department goes to the Notorious Anti's like Sandra Tanner and Grant Palmer.

At least TBM's buy the whole package, we slap them "Gullible" labels.
Critical Thinkers, like Grant Palmer, whose extraordinarily, intelligently book " An Insider's View of Mormon Origins", Sandra Tanner's "Major Problems in Mormonism" brilliantly expose Mormon fraud to minutest detail. And yet they are devout Christians; Grant wrote a book called "Incomparable Jesus", except that Jesus was everybit of a Charlatan as Joseph was perhaps a little more Pious side as Dan Vogel would say.

I realize that many of you owe your exit to these people but they are no different than Hardcore TBM's.
Maybe it is our turn to save these/educate these people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 10:52AM

My beef isn't with people who believe. It is with those who lie to get people to believe and pay money for the privilege.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 11:12AM

Or would that be the "One Faithful Truth?"

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 07:17PM

There is a lot more than simply Jesus and Atheism..

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 08:06PM

People are always trying to smear atheists by accusing them of having faith in the religion of atheism.

Atheists do not have faith. They mostly just like evidence. Faith is believing in something not supported adequately by evidence. Most atheists avoid the irrational behavior of having faith in anything. They have hopes and beliefs, but generally they avoid faith.

Atheism is not a religion. No church buildings, no scriptures, no leaders they all follow, no rituals, no real doctrines. The only thing atheists have in common is that they do not know if God exists and so many of them decide He most likely does not.

Saying atheists have faith in their atheistic religion is sort of like saying that "bald" is a hair color.

Posted by: Raging ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 11:56AM

I am still working on what I truly believe since discovering and admitting the scam. Right now, I don't really believe anything. I think Palmer and Tanner are on their journey trying to figure things out. Are they wasting their time on fairy tales? I think so, but it is their decision and they must be comfortable with their own consciences. The important thing is they are honest with other people. They do not purposefully hide facts from people to get their money and devotion. I don't really know if the churches they may belong to are doing this to them. Their churches could be doing this, and if you have facts that clearly demonstrate this I think you should tell them.

It seems clear to me that all churches are man made, but the existence of god or an afterlife or whatever is an unknown. If people need to create a belief in this to make life meaningful and get together to express their beliefs, it's ok with me as long as they are not hurting others. I don't think you could honestly say they are experiencing the same level of cog dis as mormons, because there is just so much tangible, provable and recent evidence against TSCC one MUST be duplicitous with themselves and others to believe.

Posted by: Anonnnnn ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 04:13PM

+++ agree

Jerald and Sandra Tanner are responsible for recording much of the information that others now use in finding their way out. I appreciate them! Sandra is a kind human being!

There are many that do much good for others in this world and their faith or lack of it is their private business.

Posted by: lenina ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:37PM

After being duped by Mormonism I find it hard to think much about Jesus anymore. Christianity requires just as much self-daily-constant brainwashing, reminders, meetings with other believers to keep up the charade, trying to make sense out of contradictory bible passages, trying to interpret & justify & defend it all. Freaking exhausting.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 04:28PM

Not a fan of Christianity myself.

Posted by: NoNoNazi ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 04:37PM

I am a Christian, and regularly attend church. I'm just glad that people here can, for the most part, share their experiences with others. A few of my comments have never been posted, and rightly so. At first I was shocked at some peoples views, even Atheist beliefs. Sometimes I wonder how many people TSCC changed their beliefs to no longer believe in a higher power.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 06:32PM

NoNoNazi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> even Atheist beliefs.

Um, there aren't any beliefs in atheism. And you don't need to capitalize it.

I have no gripe with people who "believe." My gripe is with people who lie to do so, and try to force others to do so.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 05:13PM

Some people still need something to believe in. Gives them comfort. Palmer and Tanner enjoy that and can make an active choice to continue in their God System. I'll trust them with their mormon critical thinking and papers. I won't pay attention to the Christian stuff. Don't care.

It takes work to believe in the Christian Christ as it does believing in some other religious belief system. It doesn't work for everybody.

I don't need a belief. I just need principles, pick and choose and also to stay out of jail because I enjoy "freedom" to the extent that it can be obtained abiding by US law. As difficult that may be because the statistic is each person breaks federal laws without really knowing it.

"The average professional in this country wakes up in the morning, goes to work, comes home, eats dinner, and then goes to sleep, unaware that he or she has likely committed several federal crimes that day."
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594035229

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 08:20PM

Posted by: Christ Believer ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 09:01PM

Sandra Tanner is my hero. Everyone who frequents this board owes her a debt of gratitude.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.