Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NotDeadAnymore ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:02PM

Somebody submitted to TSCC that I was dead. They married my to somebody in heaven that I had never met. My brother, then TBM, had to request a correction for the temple marriage as I was still alive.

True story!

Now how silly and absurd is that????!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:03PM

WOW! That is nuts!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:05PM

That's hilarious. If that happened to me, i'd be telling every mormon I know all about it.

I wonder if you have more spouses then you know. The church seems to have a habit of using the same names over and over. Of course they don't admit to doing that.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:06PM

You got sealed to a corpse?! Ewww. Ick. Just ewww.

;o)

Posted by: Johnny Bugeyes ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:09PM

We all want to hear the details of the honeymoon :)
j/k

Posted by: Jilly ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:21PM

OMG. These poor, deluded Morons believe they're do something amazingly spiritual and it's all so much horsesh1t.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:28PM

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:47PM

I never heard that! They can marry dead people?

Is this something they only do to single Mormons? Or could they do it to any nonMormon who is single & not married, when they die?

If they do the proxy baptisms for people who were never Mormons in life, when they die, then I suppose this works the same way? They do it by proxy?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 05:25PM

they are supposed to seal only dead people who were provably married in this life. ???

Date: October 22, 2014 03:50PM

Google posthumous marriage. TSCC married slave owners to their slaves. Just found that out just now.

Posted by: Adult of god nli ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:53PM

Did you catch his name?

;)

Or was it a one dunk stand?

Posted by: Good Clean Fun ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 04:08PM

That's awesome. I'd feign a stink over it being undone because the you had felt the connection to your new spouse and knew that the sealing had been sealed by the holy spirit of promise.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 04:12PM

What?! To someone you've never even met? Who on earth submitted that?

Posted by: aint' got no name yet ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 04:18PM

So, Mormons say anytime that someone points out a screwup that "it'll all be sorted out in the hereafter." Considering that the Mormon church and its genealogical arm can't sort anything out and constantly screw up, baptizing and re-baptizing people, but it'll all get sorted out, why do anything, for God's sake?

Posted by: builderbob ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 04:26PM

I've never done genealogy, so how do I go about looking up dead dunking, endowment, and sealing records? I'm interested in finding out what, if anything, was done for a close relative of mine that passed away. If they have dead dunked my relative, how do I go about getting it canceled and their name removed from the cult records?

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 05:59PM

Family Search might be a start, but you have to be a mormon to see some of the details. A lot of stuff is still available to the public, though.

I hope you find someone with better access, I am completely resigned, so can't help.
If you find someone who can help, you can exchange email addresses through the admin here, and have someone with access look up more details and get you a screenshot.

Might be worth making your own thread about it. More likely to find someone who can help.

Date: October 22, 2014 04:33PM

I don't know who submitted the info. I wish I did, I wish I knew who to ask. Imagine researching family history to find out that not only are you dead, but you're also married!! I have no idea on what official policy is.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 05:07PM

I checked family search one day and saw that I had another wife married to me. I showed my wife and had a good laugh.

That family search database is horsespit.

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 07:21PM

You could go on Dr. Phil or Judge Judy or somesuch and get the marriage annulled.

Date: October 22, 2014 07:51PM

ROFLMAO! Can you imagine Judge Judy grilling the prophet?

Judge Judy: "Don't pee on my leg and tell me its raining, Mr.Seer."

TSM:"I am the President,your honor."

Judge Judy: "Next thing you're gonna say is you're a Prophet?"

TSM: "I am that as well, your honor."

Judge Judy: "BERT!!! Get this nut job out of my courtroom!!!!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 08:08PM

Sue for spousal support.

Posted by: redfeather ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 09:54PM

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 11:09PM

I was at when when I read this post. people are wondering why I'm laughing so hard. Most never mo's won't understand. Notdeadanymore, you need to ask for a divorce or annulment. I'm serious, or just tell those TBMS that you are going to tell everyone that you have a couple of corpse brides.

Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 01:15AM

You can only get a divorce if he cheated on you though.. ;)
have fun proving that one :D

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 11:13PM

An airheaded relative submitted my mom's info on family search as being married to my dad's great great grandfather. We've always just laughed about it.

Posted by: Forestpal not logged in ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 03:56AM

Just try to get anything changed. My SIL put in all the wrong information on my father, and TSCC would never change it back. I had to show my temple recommend, fill out a form, then wait two years to see if the changes showed up. I quit the cult before then.

If the Mormons can baptize and marry dead people, we should be able to

RESIGN. FOR. DEAD. PEOPLE.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 04:04AM

Sue the shit out of them...

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 06:42AM

If one wishes to be sealed to someone who has died that they kinda wish they had married, can they put the name in for a sealing and what proof do they need? Just think, we guys could put in for a sealing to every girl friend who is deceased. Since polyandry is apparently OK in the CK, it would not matter if they were married in this life to someone else so long as they aren't yet sealed by TSCC.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:02PM

What intrigues me is the possibility of adding wives to deceased men. Although not expert on Mormon soteriology, I can't see any reason why they shouldn't.

...just love the reference to "corpse bride.

Posted by: notdeadanymore ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 10:33AM

K

Posted by: notdeadanymore ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 10:37AM

OK. Who do you sue?

Posted by: need divorce attorney ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 10:49AM

I did not have sex with that woman. Since I've never met him, how are our kids doing?

. Maybe ask the omnipotent one? Who knows everything?

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 11:29AM

I realize I have a, uh, different sense of humor, but if it were me, I'd get a copy of where ever that is documented and frame it. It's friggin' hilarious! Imagine what kind of conversation starter it is.

(The Monty Python skit also came to my mind - glad someone linked it.)

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 11:33AM

I looked myself up on family search one day and found a 2nd wife sealed to me. My real wife's "name block" was off on the side. I joked with her about it saying she's been demoted. So, sayeth the mormon God.

Familysearch database appears to be one big hodge podge of erroneous data. Smoke and mirrors to keep the members busy.

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 11:35AM

Very funny, but the reality is they will get us all in their temple database sooner or later. I am in there, just waiting for me to die + 1 years. Can't fix crazy. Fudge them mormons.

Posted by: strangite ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 11:38AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2014 12:06PM by strangite.

Date: November 25, 2014 12:04PM

I believe they who married me to another person, only wanted their happiness so if in the future I hope they will marry me to many more! Therefore everyone is happy!

Date: November 25, 2014 12:45PM

Hey. I'm not dead. Do you want me to sue for divorce? Who are you to say this or that?

. I'd like to meet my eternal spouse.

. What would my spouse have to say?

Posted by: Robert Hall the Utah Photo God ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 12:22PM

Check and see if the dead woman left an estate. As her husband you just might be a rich guy now.

Date: November 25, 2014 12:57PM

Who is my spouse?

Posted by: calianon ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 01:01PM

just think of the hours collectively spend by Mormons doing temple related work. Can you image the good they good do if that time were instead spent on humanitarian causes.

Date: November 25, 2014 01:45PM

Atheists have a place.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.