Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thatsosirisnotabraham ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 10:35AM

http://wellbehavedmormonwoman.blogspot.com/2014/02/movie-frozen-gay-homosexual-agenda.html#.VEe9_i5dUok

This is a hilarious example of how mormons can twist anything to be 'evil' and 'immoral'

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 10:52AM

Loving the comments to her blog. Only a few seem to agree with her. Most are telling her how stupid she is. But of course, those must be liberals, or apostates, or sinning mormons. Cause a "good" mormon would agree with her view.

Posted by: jrichins278 ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 11:28AM

Hahahaha. Good read. Comments are priceless.

Posted by: thatsosirisnotabraham ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 11:39AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/15/us/politics/15marriage.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

just one more thing, since my dad flipped out on me last night when I suggested that the church campaigns against gays

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 12:00PM

Woah, now. Everybody hold on; just...

Let it go.

Sorry, I couldn't hold it back anymore. The best part is that she's right...in a twisted, Gordian way; the movie *is* about someone abused and forced to hide because of a difference about them, who *does* find freedom and happiness in being authentic. This *can* be applied to accepting one's sexuality.

But it can also be about how I don't really like being an actuary, and want to sculpt instead. Or how I need to stand up to my mother in law because I don't agree with her policy on immigration, or how I should just live up to the fact that I love dipping my fried chicken in chocolate pudding, or have secretly always wanted to be a Benihana chef on Oahu, or I actually want to vote *for* the Republican candidate to spite what my internet friends think, or how I need to paint my kitchen cabinets lime green, or buy a waterbed, because I've always wanted one and now I'm a grown man with a job, or that I *don't* wanna be a doctor, Dad, or that I don't have to do drugs because my friends say so, or that it's okay that I'm an introvert...

(*these are given as examples only and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of atouchscreendarkly or any of his affiliates*)

Or "I'm a cryokinetic princess, and that's okay."

Let the storm rage on.

Edit: does anybody else wanna parody her rant as badly as I do? It'd be easy to say that Beauty and the Beast is actually about (le gasp!) interracial marriage, or bestiality, or...I dunno, sexualizing feather dusters (I mean, come on; she fine.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 12:05PM by atouchscreendarkly.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 12:02PM

The page says "new comments not allowed." I guess she got enough negative comments to cause her to turn that feature off.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 12:10PM

This is rather old news. The best part was that her gay daughter spoke out against her.
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1180859,1180859

Sadly, Kathryn Skaggs has become influencial with the brethrens. She provided a haven for women who objected to Ordain Women. My liberal TBM friends detest her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 12:12PM by Heresy.

Posted by: phoebe64 ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 12:12PM

I wanted to believe it was satire. I really did. But, obviously she is sincere from a cursory scanning of her other blog content. So sad.

Posted by: oldspeak ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:25PM

I feel bad for her daughter who is a lesbian. This mother makes it seem like her daughter is accepting of her mother's views but I wonder if that poor girl just blocks out the negativity until mother's next visit.

Posted by: Lost on a beach ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 04:20PM

You guys beat me to it.

She didn't write this drivel for you. Or for me. Or for the 15.

It was for her daughter. Her GAY daughter.

At first, I disliked her and her opinions as much as that Greg Trimble nincompoop. Then I heard about her daughter, and I just imagine their relationship.

She feels like a total failure (nothing can make up for a failure in the home). Her daughter crossed to Satan with a simple lifestyle choice. She could pray away the gay, you know, but doesn't to spite her poor, put upon Mom. She is literally threatening the immortal happy family. I won't stand for it! And since I'm such a devout, wonderful person, it must be. . . .Disney's fault! Yeah, Disney!

To live in that mindset, to believe that, to live within that head, it breaks my heart. Yet another of the "families first".

TSM could change the narrative, but I wonder if he can change his socks. And the rest? They're too busy congratulating themselves for making it as far as they have, and are trying to figure out how to make that next step (aside from living a long time).

It's all just so sad. The pain that could have been, and could be avoided, all by just accepting and loving. Sad.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 07:52PM

She's upset about the garment video that the PR department released, if you click on the blog's homepage you'll see her more recent post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 07:53PM by adoylelb.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.