Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 09:17PM

I've heard of it. I wanted to try it so I bought Hurricane. Me and my friend thought that it had no flavor at all. It didn't taste good or bad. Just pretty plain. I think I'll stick to good flavored beer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 10:02PM

Malt Liquor originally meant high octane beer, usually over five percent alcohol. Now it's used mainly to identify mini mart swill, a vile liquid that bears little resemblance to beer.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 11:33PM

For malt liquor try St. Ides when it's really cold. Mickey's is also a good brand. If you're in Utah, try Outer Darkness (very high octane, 18% IRC).

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 11:50PM

...all your homies that passed? Because I think that's how you get the flavour added into your malt liquor.

Posted by: ETG ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 01:41AM

To me Malt Liquor is berr without the bitterness of the hops. Instead of a 'malt liquor' Dopplebock's are good with some flavor. In Utah the dominator, or elsewhere the Spaten Optimator are easy ones to find. And at the top of the list is Samichlaus. It's an import from Switzerland but you can find it in Utah liquor stores. I'ts very sweet and has a high alcohol content. It tastes great though if you are looking for something on the more sweet side.

Posted by: corwin ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 06:20PM

I second the Dopplebock suggestion.

Posted by: Leo Walsh ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 06:22PM

Most Malt Liquor is about 7% alcohol and is strong to the taste. However Bud lite Platinum is almost as strong at 6% alcohol and has a mild taste. Try that.

Of course I am talking about non-Utah beer.

Posted by: Keyser ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:41PM

Jesus Christ, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of quality beers brewed at 8-12 percent, and higher, available everywhere in this country, including Utah. Do not waste your money on "malt liquor" and Bud Lite Platinum.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 11:53PM

We always chuckled at ads for Colt .45 malt liquor...'cause the regular Canadian beer we were drikin' was higher octane than that...plus we had Calgary Stock Ale which was 8%....

Ron Burr

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:40AM

Hurricane is pretty milquetoast as far as malt liquors are concerned. Old English 800 & Colt 45 are where the big boys play.

Posted by: Haunted Wasatch ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:47AM

Every time I hear Malt Liquor I think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpwjnMFlJI

Posted by: Keyser ( )
Date: October 23, 2014 12:37PM

There are a lot of high quality high alcohol content beers out there. You can do better.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.