Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 07:07PM

Depends Dude: Ahh, ahh, ahhhhhhhhhh...

Mormon Mook: What are you doing?

Depends Dude: Just using the special properties of my undies.

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 10:09PM

Or not wearing them:

Moroni visit no garments:

" I could discover that he had no other clothing on but this robe, as it was open, so that I could see into his bosom."
Joseph Smith Jr.

Should a member be able to take them off before death?

I would expect that if you had your second anointing, you would no longer need to wear your garments. You have already made the grade and the garment would not be needed...just like Moroni?

---------
Do you wear them when your dead? Did Moroni? Or did he forget them?

"Brother N., under proper authority, the Garment placed upon you is now authorized (for and in behalf of [Patron gives the name. Then officiator repeats the name] N. N., who is dead), and is to be worn throughout your life. It represents the Garment given to Adam when he was found naked in the Garden of Eden, and is called the Garment of the Holy Priesthood. Inasmuch as you do not defile it, but are true and faithful to your covenants, it will be a shield and a protection to you against the power of the destroyer until you have finished your work on the earth."

I guess dead people are not finished working on earth and should wear them? except Moroni, he must have finished his work on earth because he didn't have them on...except he came back to the earth to do some more work and forgot to wear them?

This mormon garment is a tricky think to figure out, at least we will gain understanding when we die, except Moroni he didn't learn anything about when to wear them or take them off and I am sure he was dead? And learned nothing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 10:14PM by oldklunker.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 02:14AM

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 03:59AM

If they are not needed after we die... then how come mormons are buried in them?.. and what about the rest of the garb.. the silly bakers hat?.. Did Moroni wear his?? or his green apron?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2014 04:00AM by Becca.

Posted by: Forestpal not logged in ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 02:50AM

Oooooooh Kaaaaay. No big deal?

How can anyone--even Mormon kids who don't know their parents wear sacred underwear--how can anyone think this is not weird!

Catholic robes, Pope hats, Jewish clothing--all of this is worn to be plainly seen on the streets. Secret, special (not magic, mind you) underwear with stinky yellow armpits and skid marks, is no big deal? The other symbolic outfits were centuries-old traditions. Mormon garments are something recent in history, and originated in New England, the land of the Witch Trials. Mormon garments were and are worn by polygamists!

This has got to hurt the cult's attempt at mainstreaming itself.

Angel-with-a-flaming-sword, rock-in-a-hat weird!

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 03:58AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2014 04:10AM by Becca.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 04:38AM

I like attractive normal underthings.

Mormon garments in my opinion are ugly and impractical. I can't see how anyone can feel good about themselves if they wear ugly regulation skivvies.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: October 21, 2014 01:14PM

I've known guys who marry hot women in the temple. At first I think how lucky they are. Then I remember that they wear the ugliest underwear anybody could wear which would turn me off every time I see it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.