Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: partymxman ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 12:57PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 01:41PM by partymxman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 20, 2014 01:35PM

I have continued my research on a variety of topics and come to the conclusion that any religion that has based belief on the Bible as being 100% the way to live life is to be questioned. Many of you may have already found these things yourself, but it's fairly recent research for me. Feel free to share your thoughts my Friends.

Questions, Researches and Discoveries:

Are Genesis chapter 1 and 2 the same... research shows they are not ... they were written a few hundred years apart ... they resemble the Babylonian story of creation which resembles the Sumerian story of creation.

Were Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John all apostles? ... Matthew was former tax collector who was called by Jesus to be one of the Twelve Apostles, Mark was a follower of Peter - he then became Peter’s interpreter, Luke was a doctor, John – a disciple of Jesus and possibly the youngest of his Twelve Apostles.

Where was the Garden of Eden? There have been numerous documentaries and discussions and Joseph Smith claimed a location for the Garden of Eden which was different from his copied location from Genesis... The Book of Genesis is clear - it was surrounded by four rivers: Pishon, Gihon, the Tigris, and the Euphrates, two of which are still in existence today - The Tigris and Euphrates. These also correspond to the location of the richest soil in Babylon. At the time of Genesis chapter 2 being written, the Jewish priest were in exile in Babylon and were the ones that wrote chapter 2.

Date: October 20, 2014 01:41PM

Was Jesus actually dead when his body was removed from the stake? The Bible account states that Joseph of Arimathea asked for Jesus' body, Pilate wondered if He was dead, per the centurion Pilot sent it was ascertained that he was. It is possible that Jesus was not. This of course leads to many other thoughts pertaining to Jesus life or death.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 02:01PM

Mormons teach that resurrected bodies are perfect. All of your flaws, illness, etc. will be gone.

If that's the case, why was Jesus resurrected with scars on his hands and side? Nobody has ever given me a reasonable answer to this. Could it be, that he was never dead, therefore, not resurrected?

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 02:17PM

madalice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why was Jesus resurrected with
> scars on his hands and side? Nobody has ever given
> me a reasonable answer to this.

When I was a member I remember being taught in Mormon Sunday School that when Jesus returns to the earth every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ and that the scars on his hands and feet and side are so the Jews will know he is the Messiah they crucified.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 02:18PM by Helen.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 01:40PM

I agree. The sixth tablet of the Lost Book Of Enki goes in to great detail about the creation process that they used. In my mind I was definitely plagiarized into the Hebrew bible.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 01:56PM

"...come to the conclusion that any religion that has based belief on the Bible as being 100% the way to live life is to be questioned. "

I'll see your bible, and raise you:

Everything is to be questioned.
And the only "answers" worth a damn are the ones for which there is verifiable evidence :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.