Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bofmstories ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 05:43PM

I attended a missionary farewell today for a friend of the family. The yound man actually gave a big part of his talk on the atheists review of the book of Mormon that is going around. He bore his testimony on the review. Wow!

I'm sure you have seen it but here is the link to the Atheist review: http://www.dearmissmormon.com/2014/10/an-atheists-response-to-first-31-pages.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 05:55PM

Miss Mormon claims the "atheist" was up until three a.m. reading the BoM. Yet he read only 31 pages. Perhaps the going was turgid? Or maybe Miss Mormon is another anonymous liar for Mormonism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2014 06:11PM by donbagley.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 06:05PM

LOL I used to use quotes by Nietzsche to bolster LDS doctrinal positions in GD lessons. The only difference is I was doing it tongue in cheek--I KNEW it was a joke.

Reminds me of when "A Marvelous Work and a Wonder" quoted Tolstoy's compliment of the LDS religion. No one ever thought to ask: "Well is Tolstoy a Mormon now?" because of course he wasn't.

I also love how this "atheist" receives extra credibility in the eyes of TBMs by the mere fact that he/she is one of those bizarre, otherworldly creatures called an atheist! "Even atheists feel the power of the BofM!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.