Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 11:49AM

I am way out of the loop on this because it's been at least a decade since I had confirmation of:

1. The top fifteen meet Thursday mornings in the SLC temple upper room.

2. Once a month the top fifteen bring in the presiding bishopric and seventies to an expanded thurs morning temple meeting.

3. Greg Dodge of the confidential membership records personally told me he reports official resignation report only to the President, which was the Hinskter at the time. (from this I surmised that the sitting prophet keeps his counselors and quorum of the twelve out of the loop at his discretion on a regular basis i.e. resignations and financial spread sheets.)

So I wonder if the sitting apostles are actually held somewhat clueless as the real "state of the church", or if the prophet uses his underlings as buffer robots to protect himself from reality.

I suppose it is possible that the sitting prophet is in his own personal denial about how the morg is shriveling and thus does not alarm his minions as opposed to actively deceiving them with false hope and optimism.

I'm betting that the sitting prophet employs standard CIA, Defense Department, Homeland Security techniques of "need to know only" compartmentalizing and firewalling vital intelligence so as to maintain complete control of his corporate sole.

If he were true to the CEO job description he would be firing some of his underlings for poor results and job performance, but he can't do that because that would be pulling a card out from under his house of cards.

Anyone more in the know on this subject?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2014 11:49AM by cricket.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 11:56AM

The washingtonian term known as 'stovepiping' is defined as when underlings gather information and send it straight to the top, leaving the mid-level minions clueless.

Sound familiar?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.