Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 08:22AM

Knowing that missionaries will take whatever opportunities they can find to try to convince people to apostatize from their belief systems, let's just say that it was wonderful yesterday that there were NO missionaries at the Stone Mountain Highland Games here in Georgia. There was a lot of booze (of which I didn't partake, since I don't drink) and lot of laughter, men in kilts, bagpipes, a LOT of music, but not a single Mormon missionary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 08:46AM

Antartica is another place. I would say Bermuda but that territory is under New York south meeting. I'm sure missionaries love that transfer. I would be at the beach.

Posted by: reuben ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 09:22AM

NOrth Korea!

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 09:55AM

My Property.

Posted by: godtoldmetorun ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 10:10AM

Neo, a Gothic nightclub in Chicago. There are also some men there who rock kilts.

Though interestingly, every time I RSVP to one of their events on Facebook, Facebook always recommends that I invite Mormons that I'm Facebook friends with in Chicago.

Perhaps I should be a good missionary, and invite them to my temple of darkness.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 10:17AM

Maybe it's the kilts that are scaring them away. lol

Posted by: godtoldmetorun ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 10:23AM

You may be right, Summer.

Personally, though, I think a man in a kilt is by far sexier than a guy sticking out his chest, to display the outline of his weird looking white underwear hidden under his power suit.

Date: October 19, 2014 11:11AM

godtoldmetorun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Personally, though, I think a man in a kilt is by far sexier than a guy sticking out his chest, to display the outline of his weird looking white underwear hidden under his power suit.

Especially if the man is goodlooking, wearing his kilt properly, etc. ?

Date: October 19, 2014 11:09AM

The only reason I mentioned it is that several years ago, at the Taste of Scotland Festival in North Carolina, there were two elderly Mormon missionaries (a husband and wife couple who looked like they were in their 70's or 80's) who were walking around in the vendor area (I was a vendor) and were so dour and mean-looking that I thought they would suck up all the sunshine and happiness and stuff out of the air.

Posted by: Clementine ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 11:47AM

I, too, saw a missionary couple at a festival before in a small west Kansas town. This was probably 4 or 5 years ago. They also looked quite dour. Everyone gave them a wide berth and they didn't seem intent on talking to anyone. That was the only tome I ever saw a senior missionary couple. They must be so excited to share the gospel!

Well, if senior missionary blogs are any indication, they seem so busy with going out to eat, shopping, seeing the sights and visiting with family members. Rarely do they mention teaching investigators or going door to door. Must be such a hard life, no wonder they don't look serene or happy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.