Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 01:30PM

I spent decades, as a TBM, thinking that Correlation was SO inspired! Why? Because ONLY the Top 15 have the direct connection to God and will ensure that nothing 'leads the members astray'. Correlation made sure that we would not be deceived.

Now that my eyes are opened, I see how sinister, dishonest, and terrible Correlation is for all the TBMs that allow the church to think for them.

Correlation is the OPPOSITE of what I thought it was, as a TBM. It PREVENTS personal insight and real inspiration. It misleads members and deceives them into thinking that the Top 15 know anything about authentic truth, facts, and will lead them to a better life.

Ironic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 01:46PM

I do not remember a time when I thought that correlation was a good thing. But then I am only 78 years old.

Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 01:52PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do not remember a time when I thought that
> correlation was a good thing. But then I am only
> 78 years old.

thedesertrat1, you must have sown the seeds of apostasy long before me! :)

On a serious note, as I look back on how TBM I really was, I feel like an idiot. I have so much respect for people, like you, who always saw the silliness in TSCC.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 01:25AM

Correlation scared me. I saw it as a big move by Big Brother, yet a small part of me did not trust my gut feeling on this one.

It did not take long for me to think my first thoughts were right on, forget the distrust, and hear that even TBM's, which at this point I was not in their club, did not like the fact that they were being told the same thing in this meeting and then in that meeting. I even heard a few confess that they were getting tired and bored.

So, I think the Church-Cult-Correlation remains and has been a damn good thing, because I believe it has chased more than a few out of the cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2014 01:25AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: lr2014 ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 02:06AM

I'm not quite old enough to remember the advent of correlation-but I was told by a former Bishop of mine that Correlation meant Corporate,that the big COB was the monument of Correlation and within a few years they did some good corporate things like retiring (Emeritus status) the older GA's-unfortunately not the Q15,who still serve for life-But that era also produced the cookie cutter meetinghouses,I personally would prefer they go back to building more distinct meetinghouses(not that I would attend,I'm just sayin).

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 02:51AM

I was a TBM until I was 15. I didn't pay enough attention during my 14 years as a TBM to know what correlation had to do with the cult. Still don't.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 08:26AM

We were so happy when we no longer had to have budget schemes to keep ourselves in cash so that we could operate our building. But then we received even less and with many strings attached. Seems that it was an evil plan all along. Somebody has profited from this, else it wouldn't have been hatched.

Posted by: reuben ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 08:44AM

I just remember correlation translated into crappy activities and killed the fun parties the ward used to have. Scout trips went from rafting down amazing rivers to camping in local state parks (had to get SP permission to travel further than 100 miles from our ward boundary). As a 16 year old, it was clear that the pharisees we hated in the bible were in charge of the modern church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.