Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 01:18PM

My friend sent me this quote.

"I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grand children's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness."

The Demon-Haunted World
Carl Sagan

I wonder if a LDS prophet has noticed us sliding "back into superstition and darkness." Yeah, verily another dark age requiring their restorative powers?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 04:04PM

The question was asked if the prophets were aware we are slipping back into the dark ages. My reply;

No, the Church-cult prophets are too busy spinning the widow's mites into gold and smiling as they do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2014 04:07PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 20, 2014 04:46PM

Funny how in this the "last dispensation" of "prophets" and they are the people becoming more reliant on uncritical obedience and hiding the flaws of The Restoration in attempting to innoculate members with small essay doses of it. Hinckley's "little flecks" have become Lorenzo's Snow storm of attempted snow jobs.

"The Glorious Restoration" looks like fools gold too precioust to stay on this earth.

When I was a kid I hoped for the future to be long because so many advances were happening and I didn't want the second coming to possibly hinder the advance of computers.

I was literally "unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true" as a Mormon child. I wanted Mormonism to feel good and searched for ways at the same time I went to Comdex with my father an wondered at the great big world.

The world eventually won me over from chasing good feelings looking into windows of heaven. There is nothing supernatural in them.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 04:10PM

I have a feeling the LDS prophet is doing good to get up and get dressed everyday. After that, it's all busy work to him.

Posted by: Third Vision ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 07:51PM

But it's all worth it when he gets to watch a Utah Jazz game in the evening!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.