Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Osh9jonn ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 10:48AM

I took my kids to see the Mazerunner last weekend. During the movie previews, there was a trailer for another mormon movie called 16 Stones. I was so irritated (everything mormon-related irritates me lately, but that's a whole different story).

I've never seen a mormon movie trailer at the movie theater before. What's going on?

Oh well, at least I didn't have to sit through a movie trailer for Meet the Mormons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Osh9jonn ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 10:48AM

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 11:00AM

Another faith promoting Mormon movie (aka drivel). If you are in the morridor, it isn't surprising that they would show a promo for it.

Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 11:17AM

I don't get network TV at the house so I'm outta the loop on a lot of current happenings. I'd seen billboards on I-15 plugging 16 Stones and kind of assumed it was a Mormon thing. Then I read somewhere that it's the story of people who try to find the 16 glowing stones from the Jaradite Submarines! WTF? Are you kidding me?

I hope that movie goes gang busters. The story of the barges in the BOM is so dang ridiculous that having the whole world aware of it can only help drag the cult down faster.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 01:33PM

I wonder why Nicholas Cage isn't in the starring role since LDS Inc. should be funding this cinematic marvel.

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 12:35PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1212054/

I got a little curious and looked up the IMDB version. The Mormon review had me almost peeing my pants with laughter.

" I wanted to know more. Uhhh... turns out there is a reason why I never heard this story. It didn't ever happen! Yes, this movie is purely fictional. Once I realized this I was really disappointed. No history to be learned here. This event didn't happen. "

LOL like all of the stories in the BOM are in deed fiction.

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 12:39PM

This movie will take viewers from Meet the Mormons and visa-vera.

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 12:57PM

Were you at a Larry Miller MegaPlex? He spent millions funding "Mormon cinema".

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 01:04PM

When I was a believer I use to dream about finding the mythical glowing stones from the Jaredite barges and proving to the world the Book of Mormon was true. What a dope I was.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.