Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 09:19AM

Six months ago my wife got the ax from the newly installed bishop. She had been the primary president for 6 years. It was an unheard of stretch for her ward.

Well, the thing those kids do in singing in sacrament meeting is coming up and my wife is conflicted on whether she wants to go see it or skip sacrament meeting that Sunday. I told her she can't avoid that train wreck if I knew her very well. It will drive her crazy to not witness this upcoming mess up.

Here is the background. The new primary president called women to her presidency who have no real love for children. They are all under 40 and have large broods themselves. In working with these women not one of them ever made a good primary teacher according to my wife. They couldn't care less to be in primary when they were. Now all three are running the show.

Here is how this upcoming event has been going down. The just started practicing for it yesterday. It is at the end of the month. The reason they just started was because General Conference "threw us off." They want to have the children sing "I Am a Child of God" in French. And they got their program directly from Pintrest or some LDS site.

The information I'm getting is that these women are more interested in the bulletin board in their primary room than primary. My wife said it looks like a crafter's dream and that most of the children don't really understand what is up there. My wife tried to explain it to me and I don't understand what it was supposed to be about.

Apparently, chaos ensues every Sunday. They let the kids out 15-20 minutes early. The makeup sharing times and still don't have a music person but don't actually have singing times. When one of them stands up at the front the other two just chat the whole time.

I'm not surprised. The kicker is two of the three were in a former primary presidency with my wife so they know how it is suppose to work but they both claimed problems to get them released. Now they are running the show with the third woman who point blank told my wife (before she was called to be a counselor with this new presidency) that if my wife called her to teach primary she would be very angry at my wife.

And the crazy doesn't stop there. The new bishop was told the history and that one (would be angry) comment of these women to the bishop when he told my wife that he was calling these women to replace her presidency.

It has been amusing for me to hear how many people have approached my wife to tell her how they appreciated her efforts when she was president. Funny. It is such a Mormon foible to hear about this and to coin it the PPP (Pintrest Primary Presidency) because that is exactly what it is. Three married with children women with no interest is running an auxiliary for children but themselves running to The Internet to indulge their craft hobbies and just let The Internet run their primary. They probably blog about it.

That is so typically Mormon - inept sheep running around a fold of playing at doing things - from their phones.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 09:28AM

Now that's a bunch of sh!t! Primary was my major calling when I was active. Even though I now know TSCC is full of BS, I always enjoyed working with the kids.

My philosophy: always have THE BEST people in Primary, not the worse. It takes "special" people to work with kids week in and week out.

Obviously, these Pinterest phonies need to step aside so someone who gives a damn can work with the kids.

Oy vey!

Date: October 13, 2014 01:21PM

It had been good for us that she was released. And she feels real pain from the kids who come up to her and tell her that they miss her and that primary is different without her. Imagine having an adult in charge and who cares about each and every kid and then getting a Pintrest Primary President.

A little difficult. I can see the pain it causes my wife.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 10:32AM

Perhaps your wife is experiencing let go issues. After 6 years of being in charge it is naturally hard to watch others do things different from the way you would have. My suggestion would be for you and your wife to take 6 weeks off from attending church. Your wife needs some time to be away from her forced retirement.

Plus being away from the cult is a good thing. Do things together on Sunday's. Do not stay home.

Date: October 13, 2014 01:19PM

themaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps your wife is experiencing let go issues.
> After 6 years of being in charge it is naturally
> hard to watch others do things different from the
> way you would have. My suggestion would be for you
> and your wife to take 6 weeks off from attending
> church. Your wife needs some time to be away from
> her forced retirement.

Undoubtedly.

I've tried week after week to get her to not go.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 10:34AM

I can't imagine this will last. Either they will complain or the kids will or the parents will. And even if the parents don't care what their kids are taught as long as they are spared dealing with them for a couple hours on Sunday, the letting-them-out-early thing is going to make parents mad. The last Primary Presidency I was in never let the kids out of the Primary room until their parents came for them and if there were a couple of lagging parents, we'd walk the kids to them. The parents usually apologized for being delayed. And while the parents may have been willing to let their kids run all over the church unsupervised, we were not.

The reason? One week day early in her reign, the Primary president ran over to the church with her key to do some work on the Primary cupboard. No one else was in the building but when she heard a quiet knock, she went to the door and met a young 20-something woman who wanted to come in. Turns out, the woman had been molested in that building during her Primary years and was there to find some closure. She said her parents always let her run around the church unsupervised and several times that ended very badly. As she walked around to the janitor's cupboard and several other spots, she cried on my friend's shoulder, then thanked her and left.

After that, we never let a child out of our sight until we could hand them to a parent or an older sibling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2014 10:35AM by CA girl.

Date: October 13, 2014 01:26PM

This new bishop is a socially inept engineer. He has deplorable people skills and doesn't take suggestions to heart. He listens, states his case and does what he wants.

The only person he takes to heart is the ward crazy man who was an atheist turned TBM convert who thinks every member is sinning by not doing daily missionary work. This crazy man attracts other crazies like the guy who thinks he is Spencer Kimball's spiritually adopted son.

This crazy person is the only one this new bishop listens to because he is the only guy who was the bishop's friend before he became bishop.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 04:59PM

Your bishop is Dilbert?

Date: October 13, 2014 05:00PM

Yes, but without the sarcasm, attitude, and humor.

Posted by: rt nli ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 04:35PM

Kids will be kids but please explain to me again why the adults are behaving like teenagers? It all sounds so infantile.

Date: October 13, 2014 04:41PM

I wish I could. I've met some of these women and honestly it is like they are obsessed with themselves.

My wife was just saying this morning that she helped one of these women a lot. Cleaned their house, brought them food, and watched their kids in a time of need for them.

They were having a nervous breakdown. Then her husband called and chastised my wife for giving his wife too much to do in primary (when his wife was in my wife's presidency) and my wife asked to have her released.

His wife was upset that she was released and blamed my wife for it knowing that her husband was bugging my wife.

My wife stopped asking this woman to do anything when she revealed to my wife that she was having problems. This woman checked herself into a mental health center for a week.

But my wife is the bad guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2014 04:42PM by Elder Berry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.