Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 09:00PM

Got my new horse a week ago Sunday. How wonderful that I was able to save what would have been tithing money and used it to buy a new horse with that money or it would have been stolen from me by the evil Bishop with threats of ending up in "Outer Darkness" IF I did NOT give him money! What a scam they have going on! Today, a week later, I spent all day cleaning stalls. I didn't mind a bit...Was great post Mormon "therapy" for me, and reminded me of how all the snobby LDS women in UT looked at me if I ran into them at the grocery stores after cleaning stalls. Tee he hee ;) I felt great satisfaction as I looked at a nearby LDS culthouse and saw all the little Morgbots were being forced to go to "church" and I didn't have to. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!! Well, they were shoveling s*** as well, only mine was into a wheelbarrow and was real...Theirs was being absorbed into their tiny brains and is not real. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 09:13PM

How lucky you are, what breed, color, style of riding do you do?

Date: October 12, 2014 09:17PM

Solid Appaloosa, 14hh, chestnut color. I ride both Western and English. Some jumping. I consider myself lucky to be away from the cult now and do what I want when I want, and not having the morg tell me what they want me to do. :)

Posted by: readbooks ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 09:18PM

Good for you. What a great way to spend that money.

We are putting a sun room on our house instead paying tithing. It should be done by next month. It makes me deliriously happy every time I see it.

Date: October 12, 2014 09:31PM

Wonderful! That will increase the value of your home and is a better investment than giving it to TSCC. :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 09:19PM

Perfect....I spend my tithing money on trap shooting...have been for 35 years.

Ron Burr

Date: October 12, 2014 09:32PM

Cool. :)

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 09:29PM

Now you could move to Raymond, Alberta and bring it with you and crap it all over the sidewalks and streets, thus adding to the grand 'uniqueness' that is Raymond's 'signature' trademark.

Date: October 12, 2014 09:32PM

Yes, he does poop quite a bit. :)

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 10:19PM

The horse's poop will at least make the grass, flowers, and vegetables grow greener. I remember getting a huge load of horse poop from a horse stable. My vegetable garden was outrageous that year.

The poop from TSCC only destroys lives and does no good at all.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 10:05PM

Congratulations! I used to have an Appaloosa. He was my best friend in high school. I mostly rode English but occasionally rode Western too.

I miss having a horse.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 11:26PM

Oooooh, I'm jealous!! both for the horse and that you have extra money.. Im just in a bad financial spot. But no that is great!!!

I can't help you shovel shit, but I'll come pet your horse:)

I live in Eagle Mountain, horses are scary to me a bit, its been so long sinc3e I have been around them. but so gorgeous and wonderful too!!!

When I paid tithing, it wasn't always first. But food was always last. I used to worry when went grocery shoppingabout ev erything. so I guess not paying tithing meant more food.

I can't believe I used to do that. But I was not the best titing payer anyway. Only did it when I really had to, when we were waiting to adopt through ldsss. So that was totally worth it!!! Even though that kid makes me nuts and costs way more than tithing, it has been worth all the hell.

Happy for you!!! Well done

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 11:36PM

One of my neighbors has too many horses and offered to give me a horse and a goat.

I told her that would be a great dowry.

Now she is pissed off at me.

Posted by: CakeOrDeath ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 12:10AM

Congrats on your new horse!!

I appreciate the time to just free-think that stall cleaning gives me every day.

And then I get to listen to horses happily munching hay in clean stalls afterwards. Pretty darn contended feeling! And I feel sorry for people who would look down on me after I've accomplished that task. My goodness, taking care of your own horse (or anything/anyone that you love) is a real privilege.

You're very right- it is "real" work. Helps to keep me grounded, anyway!

Again, congrats on your new boy!

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 03:07AM

your horse sounds like a good soul. congratulations.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.