Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 05:54PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 11:41PM

She's ignorant.

I disagree with many if not most of her assertions.

Yeah. She's deluded.

Posted by: jefecito ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 12:21AM

Mormons like to think these are the problems people have with mormonism because they think they have answers to these. Of course she wouldn't take on the more serious concerns.
By the way, a commenter called her out on her claim that Mormons don't believe they will get their own planet. The commenter quoted Joseph Fielding Smith saying Mormons will. Then the blogger had to backpeddle and say it's a deep doctrine that just isn't discussed much (GBH style).

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 07:34AM

Pa-Leaze!

Who is AFRAID of Mormons?
Not I. I just don't trust them. But I am not "afraid" of them.
Boy, what an ego she has

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2014 07:35AM by angela.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 10:40AM

Only a few people are scared of Mormons. The vast majority are just totally disinterested, which is what drives Mormons crazy. "How dare they not think about us? How dare they live their lives not pining to be one of us? How dare they not validate my high opinion of myself?"

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 01:07AM

Most of her 9 points are incorrect. Mormons do indeed believe in those things in some fashion or other, or they officially believed them at one point, or they believe something so similar that it really makes no difference.

Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 01:12AM

I bent over backwards to not offend a mormon co-worker the other day... however, I got a few shots in with which he replied to attack me personally. Gotta wonder about someone like that.

Posted by: quickman ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 07:03AM

I really like her thirs point "We don't hate gay people"
It's no secret tvat homosexualsare not allowed to live their sexual orientation. Sure gay people are accepted but only as long as they live in celebacy and never engage in a romantic relationship.

They take away one of the most fundamental urges a person have. Lets face it most people strive for someone to spend their lives with and having someone specisl in our lige increase our well being. Mormons want to stop this for all the gay people and they still think it's an act of love.

And yes, I know many people would say "hate the sinner not the sin", but that's a little bit like saying "I don't hate you I just hate everything about you"

Posted by: baneberry ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 09:09AM

I threw up a little in my mouth. I just couldn't get passed being "more awesome". It is one overused word in Mormonspeak.

Posted by: baneberry ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 09:14AM

Comments are closed. How AWESOME is that?!?!

Posted by: jellobeltnevermo ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 09:48AM

It seems everything they talk about is either awesome or amazing. I hate to even use those two words anymore. I am not afraid of Mormons, however, I do feel quite uncomfortable when I am in the middle of a whole pack of Mormons (i.e. was invited to Pioneer Day in Oregon by my neighbor). Won't put myself in that situation again.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 11:05AM

To quote The Princess Bride re: the word Afraid.

"You keep using that word. I do not think that means what you think it means.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/21586830.jpg

It does not mean:

- embarrassed by
- embarrassed for
- bored with
- ignorant of
- making fun of
- laughing at
- tired of

I'm just saying ...

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 11:20AM

Perfect.

Posted by: Mags ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 11:30AM

I found this so offensive, inaccurate, and totally ignorant of what was really going on. Any time you want to argue or debate an issue, you have to know the opposing side's issues as well as your own. Everyone on this board has spent years hearing and learning her side. She knows little to nothing of the issues she has brought up.

1. How many gay people has she had an in depth conversation with?

2. How many plural wives has she visited with?

3. I could go on and on but the bottom line is, If you are afraid to learn about the opposing issues. The debate is over.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 11:19AM

Another shallow Mormon who is virtuoso at lying to your face.

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 01:04PM

" I think sometimes people imagine our church to consist of millions of complacent little worker bees feeding into this evil scheme where the leaders at the top are swimming in piles of our hard-earned money."

Yes this is true and i prayed about it and my heartburn said I was correct.

Anubis

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.