Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: HaroldTheCat ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 11:42AM

Recently I tried to get on the LDS website and found a password is now required. There is a members area and another area for all others. I would suppose that they are tracking both areas. Interesting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 01:35PM

It's also like that on stake and ward websites as well. If joe public wants to know what's going in any of the local chapels on days besides Sundays, they're SOL!! It's like the morg wants to keep their activities secret from the public! Now if they were like other churches they'd put the information on signs outside on the street or even in the newspapers. Or flyers around town too.With the morg no way!

Posted by: HaroldTheCat ( )
Date: October 12, 2014 01:45PM

It wouldn't surprise me if in the near future the morg general conferences and other meetings that have been televised will not be, and will require a password.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 02:37AM

Interesting development. I also think that in a short time there will be even more control shown to make sure that what is said in, say sacrament meetings talks, is right in line with what the church-cult-corp wants to be let out of the bag.

"Brother Kent, here is a copy of the talk in SM that you will give in three weeks. Please note the instructions of when and where you may add your brief testimony which is written right there for you to follow, and note when it would be appropriate, maybe to shed a few tears, or laugh heartedly. It is very acceptable to read, rather than memorize, this talk as there is less chance of mistakes being made. Thanks again for your willingness to give this talk. We hope you will choose to do this again when we tell you it is your turn to do so."

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 02:40AM

Yes, many hands make light work.

Let's make our opinions and thoughts come out of your mouth. You may bring the sacrificial offering of your own thoughts and opinions written on a piece of paper which will be burned at the altar later at the meetings while worthy deacons chant, "Pay Lay Ale."

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 11:40AM

Reading this reminded me of how we closed our church service when I was a child- the congregation would say last verse of the 19th Psalm (Psalm 19:14) -

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength & my Redeemer. Amen

I see the Morg version as being:

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Joe The Ho', my Strength & my Prophet. Amen. :-)

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 02:43AM

We need our people that still have working passwords to leak the "members area" information to a public document host so we can pay attention to what is happening.

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 11:54AM

Secrets from the general public are a huge sign to me that there is something off with an organization.

Recently, a Jehovah Witness built a new, modest chapel in town. Not one window on the building. Kind of reminded me of the mormon temples and their "no pay, no lookie" policy.

The church will always be afraid of the world and having the them see and judge their magic underwear, or website.

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 12:49PM

JWs have built their Kingdom Halls for decades without windows. It's a preventative measure meant to discourage vandalism.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 04:21PM

I would imagine it's also a money saver.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 12:25PM

I remember wanting to see when and were my old ward was meeting and couldn't get the information off the church's website because of that. Everyone is welcomed as long as we can track who you are. Big brother is watching.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: October 13, 2014 01:59PM

It's a sign that TSCC is imploding.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.