Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: poem ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 07:43AM

Modern: Spencer kimball. Anti women, anti feminism, anti blacks, that miracle of forgiveness and you're better off dying than being sullied by rape. What an arsehole

Early: Brigham young for all the obvious reasons and Joseph smith second only bc b young outdid him with sheer scale of atrocities

Boyd k packer gets a dishonourable mention for being an eminently
Detestable apostle for his very vocal bs

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poem ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 08:06AM

Leading a state and church against the equal rights amendment. What an a-hole

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 08:09AM

I think everyone has their own favorite "detestable apostles." My father seemed to detest McConkie, but thought that was okay because he was well-informed. Other people, though, he hated for speaking evil of the Lord's anointed.

I think the church actually works because of detestable apostles. As long as everyone hates different apostles, they rely even more on the other apostles to keep the bad ones in line. Good cop, bad cop.

I haven't known any apostles, but I had several experiences with each of several seventies. All of them were a bit phony, they have to be in that position. Two of them had serious moral and emotional problems. (And moral in this case does not mean sexual.) One was obviously a clinical sadist, and the other was a self-absorbed narcissist, even more so than the average GA.

Worst president? Hinckley had his problems, but was far less threatening than Kimball, Benson, JFS, the list goes on and on.
I'm funny that way, I prefer not to be threatened.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 08:28AM

Got to be Brigham Young, surely? Some of the things he said and did were crazy. Joseph Smith's version of mormonism was quite tame in comparison.

Out of the ones today I'd say Boyd K Packer. I'm curious to see if he'll ever make it to become "the" prophet.

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 08:34AM

Had to be Stinckley. What a fake.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 08:54AM

That one that said the church was true.

Posted by: Just Passing Through ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 11:25AM

Gilgamesh

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 02:02PM

Joseph Smith, for the obvious reason

Posted by: apawst8 ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 02:04PM

Smith and Young used to send men on missions so they could fuck the missionaries wives.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 04:01PM

Hard to choose a least favorite when I could never apply the word favorite to any of them, but . .

Joe was a murderous con, but I think Brigham was a tyrant on the order of Saddam Hussein because he had at his disposal the power that Joseph had never managed: his own country, the Utah Territory to use as his own. He was the leader of the church and the governor when they were not yet a state and as such had the same powers as a dictator. He was feared for good reason. He had no morals whatsoever. He judged, he took, he pillaged. He married women for his own pleasure and left them to live in poverty. He advocated Blood Atonement and showed extreme bigotry toward Blacks. He was responsible for the handcart deaths that were totally avoidable. And MMM? I do not see clean hands there.

Ask yourself? How much worse could it have been without the U.S. intervening?

It is time the people of Salt Lake City got together and pulled his statue over the same as those in Iraq did to the statue of Saddam.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 04:39PM

I will be there for the dismantling of Braggart Briggy's monument.
Super suggestion.

My least fav apostle??? Quite the quandry. I keep coming up with a three-way tie.

Ole Sleezy Joe......because he basked in the art of the con-game and was such a master, reveling in the game he created

Braggart Briggy.....he was a past mean evil dictator who stopped at nothing

The Hinkster........he was a present smiling-smooth-talking evil dictator who scared the sh** out of me

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 04:47PM

Of the ones in my life time,Ezra Taft Benson. Of all, Brigham Young.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 04:49PM

Adam

Because he was the first in the long line of religious lunacy.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 05:08PM

All of them.

Ron Burr

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 05:48PM

It is essential that we direct our hate to the present prophet for our salvation. Don't get caught up in rumors of the past and "folk hate." President Monson is as despicable as any previous sociopath prophet and deserves our undivided hate. The Lord has provided us with a hateful man. Let us cheerfully hate him then.

Posted by: ThatLittleBriggyWentWeeWeeWee ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 07:21PM

Brigham Young. He was my biggest reason for leaving the cult.

Oaks. That miserable fuck. He is for tearing families to shreds.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 07:28PM

B Young the mafia don and naricissitic piece of shit.

ET Benson the anti-commie, racist, my way or the highway guy did a lot damage to Utah's political system making it the crazy one party wack job system it is today.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 07:33PM

Out of the living? Oaks. He is pure evil. He is the most arrogant of the lot. And it is really hard to be worse than BKP, that takes some doing. He has no soul. He is Mormon equivalent of a Jackal or Hyena. No. Actually that is an insult to Jackals and Hyenas. What's the worst thing you can be?

Posted by: freethought ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 07:48PM

No one has mentioned Holland. He gets so riled up and angry in his speeches that I can totally envision him taking the place of the preacher in Pollyanna and shaking the chandelier. Remember his talk? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpUBKw6i538

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 07:54PM

SWK
I lied to him and he swallowed it hook,line,and sinker. No inspiration

Posted by: TheOtherHeber ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 08:02PM

Joseph Smith gave birth to it, but it was Brigham that transformed it into a monster and gave it claws.

Uncle Brigham is "without the shadow of a doubt" the one who did most evil and caused most harm.

From the current 15, Oaks drips venon the most. I think he may be the gray eminence behind the curtains because Monson and Packer have become clearly powerless.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 08:48PM

Hinkster is my hero and godlessfather for blocking my butt from a nasty bicyle ride.

I also have a certain fondness for good old J Golden Kimball, goddammit.

On the other side, I cannot despise Horny Joe the most. He's my cuz after all. I share all too many weaknesses in common, I spoze.

But no, BY is the hands-down villain in my venue.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 09:02PM

And speaking of latter day dildos, I'm with Heber on Oaks.

Captain of the Praetorian guard so to speak, a la Young Gordo, from SWK on down.

It's the wiliest younger geezer still in possession of his wits along with the darkest soul that seizes the levers of power from the doddering drenched-depends dorks above them.

Plus he has the very look of you surely know what.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 09:07PM

no such thing as a prophet.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: May 01, 2014 02:59AM

Brigham Young, hands down! Mean, dishonest, murderer...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.