Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 11, 2014 02:51PM

My Catholic wife and I just came from lunch at a popular Lethbridge retaurant where my wife saw 2 of her old Raymond (AB) uber TBM school mates. She said they looked right at her and then their look changed from one of recognition to one of disdain, like "I'm still better than you, cause I'm a TB friggin' M"....disgusting...

Ron Burr

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: March 13, 2014 06:35PM

Happens to me from time to time as well.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: March 13, 2014 06:48PM

I know Raymond well. One square mile -- if that -- surrounded by reality! Well, except for MacGrath, Cardston, etc.

Date: March 13, 2014 08:43PM

As I have stated before on this site, I live 8 1/2 miles straight north of Raymond and can smell the self righteous indignation when the wind is right!

Ron Burr

Posted by: not-for-prophet ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 01:28PM

Are you sure it's not the feed lot? :)

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:26AM

I call what you experienced "Getting The Stink Eye". Nothing quite like the stinging glare of disdain from a TBM.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:34AM

And I keep getting told by a good TBM friend that I should retire in Raymond given what a great place it is....I think not on both counts. Love the area though...

Date: March 15, 2014 01:24PM

Hundreds of folks who have had successful careers away from the S. Alberta Moridor and lived in beautiful homes in Lethbridge and Calgary move back to Raymond & Cardston when they retire....I just don't get it. My dear Dad was born in Raymond, but never once said he wanted to move there after he retired...thank the Lard!!

Ron Burr

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 02:26AM

I ran into a lady from my former ward at the store a couple of weeks ago. She was with her oldest daughter, (who is married and hugely pregnant.)

The lady called out to me, "Oh, hi, Sister Catnip!" I turned on my highest-voltage phony smile and said, "Oh, hi, Elizabeth, and Cindy! And by the way, I don't go by 'Sister' any more. I dropped that when I left the church about a decade ago. How have you been?"

Their jaws dropped in tandem and they both turned purple. Nothing more was said. Since we hadn't ever been buddy-buddy when I was still in the ward, I wondered later if they had even realized that I was no longer there. . .

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 02:59AM

Hey... GC If your going to insult MAGRATH atleast speel it right.

Out of the 3 Magrath is probably the better place to live.

Here is an example....

After some members of the community asked the town to consider opening the pool on Sundays, some heated debate and even some self righteous members of the community saying Town Council was immoral for considering such a request, Town Council (I suspect it was an unanimous decision) has decided to open the pool on Sunday this summer. Good for them.

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 10:52PM

Ah, Raymond! The horse's ass of civilization where everyone is forced to masturbate to a picture of a horse, and where they still worship the first pile of horse shit out of Ray Knight's horse.

Posted by: John_DEoe ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 08:21AM

lolol....This town is dieing on the vine (Magrath) They don't have the tax dollars to maintain services properly, the reason for this is its a 90/10 Mormon split. there are 4 families in town with at least 10 kids, the school is buldging at the seems but theres no tax revenues. The Mormons are trying to build a College in Cardston because even they know all the money and marriages are going south. There are no real industries in the county of Cardston because there is no disposable income, and youd have to be a fool to invest in Cardston Magrath or Raymond. If you wernt "willed" the family farm or are one of 5 families in each town to have gotten a cheap BYU medical degree you are living hand to mouth. Its pathetic, women that are 35 with 5 kids trying to appear normal and knowing they cant measure up and putting on a brave face knowing they are trapped financially and spiritually at the whims of the peisthood. Theres a woman in town with 6 daughters whos husband bailed and because Mormon eat their own (Bulling) I feel so sorry for them. A church with billions of dollars doesn't give a rats ass.The second and third hand business thrives between these three towns, women trading their no name worn out junk to make ends meet and still act like they are saying to everyone "Im going to be a goddess and you arnt", its just a copping method, The men, where does one start? in 7 year old sports they treat every game like they are in the MLB or NBA its the most unchristian display Ive ever seen, they push their kids so hard because its the only thing they can hang their hats on. Theres a term "Lieng for the church" that Ive learned, and I see it dailey. A Mormon friend of mine once said, The Mormons don't build water wells they build oil wells because if you want to be god one day you have to show that you are willing to make sacrifices to do the temple work. In Magrath where there is a 90/10 split its the Lutherans (Good Sameritans) who fund the hospital for the "near death people", you never seen a cancer center or hospital funded by the Mormons its all about the Missionaries and investments. They will leach off of every program that they can lay their hands on....its all about their coffers.

I see it every day and it pathetic because all roads must lead to the temple. There is no Christ like love..its phoney and legalistic. We havnt even got into the errors of Mormon doctrine.

Posted by: Lou Louis ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 09:21AM

There was a gentleman from the Magrath area who was MP in Halifax Canada a few years back.

If memory serves me correctly he had worked for Immigration Canada and his interviewing style reflected his former job.

I remember both he and his wife came to the chapel for a fireside one evening. My distinct feeling was that both considered themselves a couple of rungs higher on the ladder than the rest of the us. After the presentation they just stood in the corner of the room waiting for others to approach them almost like I would picture an audience with the Pope would be like.

We met him a couple of more times in Halifax in a TR interview and a few months later when our child was being interviewed for a mission. He never lost his charm we had witnessed the first time. I was expecting to hand him over our passports and for him to say did we have anything to declare.

Date: March 15, 2014 01:56PM

Remember his name?

Ron Burr

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 09:30AM

Ok ... Magrath it is (spelling). But Raymond's swimming pool was open on Sundays 30 years ago -- and Magrath just doing that now?

Posted by: john_deoe ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 10:06PM

The Mormons that spoke at the Town council couldn't stand the fact that others can go swimming on Sunday and they cant, It was quoted in the paper that a minority shouldn't be able change the culture of the town. I believe this also affects the life guards as when they are interview they will have to be able to sun tan eeerrr work on Sunday. I am Glad however that the town council now has a few non Mormons on it and are telling them that this is Alberta and people have rights. Nobody is holding a gun to their heads and forcing them into the water

Posted by: john_deoe ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 10:09PM

Raymond has more vocal non Mormons and are way more progressive than Magrath,

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.