Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for this thought ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 12:12PM

"It was the best two years of my life"

It really IS...the last two years.. July 2012 to July 2014 and no I was not a mission for the Corporation. I served on decades ago and hated it.

In July of 2012 My mega tbm wife asked me what my concerns were with the "church" and that's all it took for her
to end a very very long marriage and break up a family.
I "stand all amazed" at the grip the church has on my ex wife's juggler vein. It so hard to comprehend.

Anyway she divorced me and while I was not ready I am happier than I have ever been knowing the truth.
Yes TSSCC you win in that you get to keep getting her money but in the end I won. I no longer have you the elephant in the room . I look forward to this life now and not the next one you were extorting us for.

Amen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 01:33PM

"Family . . . isn't it about destroying them?"

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 01:36PM

Families can be together forever......except for you....you.....and you.

Let's face it. Not everyone is going to make it so we might as well jettison them now from our forever family.

Sorry but glad you are finding a happier place.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 01:41PM

Very powerful statement.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 02:00PM

Two years. That's how long it took for my ex to divorce me and for the same reason.

The LDS church systematically raises up children to believe in a pretended fantasy that is to be treated with more importance than real life.

When the now adult child's pretended fantasy is threatened by spouse or family member who grew out of the fantasy by applying the Church's own admonitions of integrity and honesty, which itself does not practice, the destruction of the family is preferred to the harm of the fantasy.

And to think I have no right to get angry when I hear "You can leave the church but you can't leave it alone".

EFF the CHURCH! How many tens of thousands of us lost the spouses of our youth because of the Church! How many more to come?

Fewer, if I have anything to do with it!

P.S. Life has been far better. New relationships are far better. It takes time but WOW, the improvements keep coming.

Oh, and Ramen!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2014 02:05PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 02:07PM

I am continually mystified that women in the church (many men too, of course) who believe in eternal marriage yet will divorce an otherwise wonderful spouse who stops believing. It certainly shows their lack of faith. If they truly believed in the concept of "enduring to the end" they would hold onto their mate in an attempt to see the marriage through to the end. If the mate truly is unworthy for an eternal marriage then God would not force them to stay in the marriage for eternity. The least they could do is stick it out for this life and see what happens.

Now, I'm not talking about staying with a mate who continually brow beats or demeans their spouse for their religious beliefs. I'm talking about a loving and respectful spouse who just asks to be allowed to live their life authentically. And if the Mormon spouse is worried about their children being drawn away from the church then they don't have much faith in their children or their religion or their own testimony. If they truly believed in the power of truth and righteousness, there would be nothing to fear.

David Bednar tells the story of his Non-Mormon father converting to Mormonism after decades of marriage. Shouldn't Mormons hear the hope in that message and stick with their spouse as Bednar's mother did? I don't recall anywhere in his telling of that story that his mother was miserable or ridiculing of his father. And she didn't use his influence on their children as an excuse to divorce or separate from him.

With that said, I really think the harder row to hoe would be that of the spouse with the lost testimony. Living amongst a family of TBM's after confessing to not believing sounds like pure torture. But so many of them are willing to go through that pain in order to retain and support their families. To me, the more faithful and more righteous are those who speak and live the truth while being immersed in a world of liars. Amen.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 03:21PM

if true what a sad life you must have had :(

Posted by: Adult of god nli ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 04:14PM

Not necessarily. The OP's previous life probably had many good times. It just that since he was honest with himself and others, despite great trials, this part is the BEST! It would be good to have the best now, instead of way back when, wouldn't it?

Congrats to the OP!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 04:24PM

I was thinking of the TBM sap who uses that old worn out saw.

+1 congrats OP.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 05:20PM

The message you're not likely to hear in this or any other general conference soon: Stop divorcing disbelieving spouses. Stop treating them like scum.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.