Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 09:13AM

I was taught by the LDS church that before we are "allowed" to enter into heaven our bishop will judge (decide) if we were worthy enough during our mortal life to enter into god's presence. Eternal Control.

My brain processed this teaching as likely since at the time, a bishop was the head douche bag for like 15 years maybe more. For a teenager, 15 years is forever.

Now a bishop is only the head douche bag for about 5 years and as an adult I have moved many times. So which bishop would be my judge? The bishop(s) during my 20's? One of the bishop(s) during my 30's? How about the bishop(s)that I have never met but my records were assigned to their geographical control?

Such a dilemma this goofy religion has my brain spinning over. Things like what if my eternal existence is decided by bishop a$$hat or bishop unknown? Does anyone know the answer?

What a totally made up religion designed for control of your mind and your wallet.

If by some chance God really is the Mormon God, for me an eternal punishment would be to spend eternity as an obedient Mormon. The thought of spending any time with TBM's makes me want to shlt my myself. Gawd what a nightmare.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hfo ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 11:42AM

Joe gets to judge you. Head of this dispensation and all. And if we judge him kindly, he will return the favor.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 11:46AM

I don't recall being taught that the Bishop was part of the final judgement process. God, Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith had some say in the matter.

Posted by: claire ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 11:53AM

Oh, yes, the bishops are all Judges in Israel or something like that.

Good question.

I picture it like the DMV. All the bishops lined up in their windows and us in the cattle herds waiting for "Next".

haha!

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 01:32PM

here. Not in the afterlife.

Of course, that would be the case if you believed the whole fictional nature of Mormonism.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 12:44PM

Its not who ya know it's who ya blow...and Joe got blown more than most.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 12:18PM

1. nobody gets to judge me.
2. worry about the works you do that contribute to a better human
condition.
3. there is no heaven and people worry waaaay too much about
getting there to the detriment of doing good before the dirt
nap.

Ron Burr

Posted by: lv skeptic ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 12:39PM

Y'all are leaving out the apostles. From what I gather, the Father gave all judgment to the Son (good NT doctrine), and the twelve apostles will judge the House of Israel (again good NT doctrine). You have to get past Joe, but that is for the final dispensation only (not at all sure where that comes from, other than Joe being the head of the dispensation).

The bishops are judges for this life only.

On the other hand, there may be lesser courts, kind of like Federal District courts, Courts of Appeal, and, my favorite, the Supremes. If any mormon attorneys actually make it to the ck, maybe they will be prosecuting and defense counsels.

Now, where do the Popes fit in? And Mary? And the Magdelene? and Adam????

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 01:12PM

There won't be any lawyers in any level of the hereafter. They made their choice in this life and they chose to serve the father of lies, hence it's outer darkness for them all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.