Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hairfanatic ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 11:52PM

I went to my sisters baby blessing on Sunday. (I liked my bro-in-laws blessing of the baby. Short and sweet, and hardly any mention of the typical "gospel" blessings. It was more just like a fathers blessing or wish for his child- for health, happiness, being a good person, etc.)

It was also the primary program which was kind of creepy. It was all about "the family". Listening to five year olds talking about getting married in the temple one day is just crazy to me. There was also an eight year old boy who talked about his recent baptism and how happy he was for making his right "choice".

I felt really bad for my nephew though. He doesn't talk very well for a four year old and is super shy. He didn't want to go on the stand, his dad had to go up there and sit with him. He was crying nearly the entire time while his dad was trying to comfort him. When it was his turn, he was crying the whole way to the pulpit. He finally did speak and quit crying, but you could see how miserable he was. It actually made me tear up. Everyone else just laughed about his crying though. That really kind of pissed me off. These poor kids. Why do they make them get up there when they obviously are SO uncomfortable with it? How do they not see that this can be tragic for a kid? I know kids get over things fast at a young age, but still... its only the beginning...

One of the little kids that got up there completely refused to say his part, he was so shy. He just looked down and they kept trying to get him to talk.

The meeting went over by about 20 minutes cause they had to give every kid a damn part even those who felt tortured by it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.