Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fundamentard ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 08:53PM

One reason I hate the LDS church. I was so in love with a beautiful girl. She was in love with me. We were obviously drawn together physically. I loved her so damned much. Dated her for a year and a half. Then our "leaders" and parents decided they needed to intervene. I had to go on a mission after all. Physical love was sin after all. We were separated, families moved us physically apart and demanded we stay apart. She and I even claimed to understand the need for it. Twenty years later it still hurts like hell whenever I remember it.

I feel angry about it today. Sorry to vent. Probably an old and tired story. Hope none of you experienced it because it was like having my stomach drilled into for months afterward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GC ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 09:21PM

Mormons must control everything. It's about marrying a good Mormon guy or gal, not about real live.

Sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 09:25PM

Don't let this go without making some discreet inquiries.

She may be divorced by now.

Posted by: goojabee ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 10:55PM

30 yrs. ago HS. Saw a picture of her last year...Dodged a bullet. Heart broken at the time.

Posted by: surroundednjudged ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 12:09AM

So because you find a picture of her 30 years older unattractive you say you dodged a bullet? Pretty shallow. Maybe her life would have been completely different & she'd still be physically beautiful if you could have stayed together. Maybe if you really loved her she would look beautiful no matter what. Then again, she's probably better off without you.

Posted by: Knight in Waiting ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 11:04PM

Going through it and dealing with it right now. I sympathize with you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.