Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PostMo ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 05:06PM

We already know that if you remove the BoM from the desk drawer of a Marriott room that they replace it the next day.

So how about some creative highlighting?

What Section/Chapter/Verses would you suggest most worthy of highlighting?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 05:09PM

2 Nephi 5: 21

'And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.'

Alma 3: 6

'And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.'

3 Nephi 2:15

"And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites."

Jacob 3: 5, 8-9

5 Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father—that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.

8 O my brethren, I fear that unless ye shall repent of your sins that their skins will be whiter than yours, when ye shall be brought with them before the throne of God.

9 Wherefore, a commandment I give unto you, which is the word of God, that ye revile no more against them because of the darkness of their skins; neither shall ye revile against them because of their filthiness; but ye shall remember your own filthiness, and remember that their filthiness came because of their fathers.

1 Nephi 12:23

23 And it came to pass that I beheld, after they had dwindled in unbelief they became a dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations.

1 Nephi 13:15

15 And I beheld the Spirit of the Lord, that it was upon the Gentiles, and they did prosper and obtain the land for their inheritance; and I beheld that they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people before they were slain.

Mormon 5:15

15 And also that the seed of this people may more fully believe his gospel, which shall go forth unto them from the Gentiles; for this people shall be scattered, and shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us, yea, even that which hath been among the Lamanites, and this because of their unbelief and idolatry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 05:11PM by mormonthinker.

Posted by: PostMo ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 05:20PM

These are great.

I already have a dozen previously pilfered copies - I can highlight them in advance and then swap them out.

By default, I try to stay away from the Marriott chain (for obvious reasons and because the Starwood product is better IMO), but there are times that prices win out.

Note: The Marriott near the big convention center in Hong Kong Downtown does NOT have copies of the BoM in the bedstand. I was surprised - was looking for a different language to add to my collection.

Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 05:35PM

The last Marriott I stayed at, I wrote the following inside the blank cover page of the copy of the BOM, in my room:

"In order to really understand this book and the Mormon religion, please visit Mormonthink.com"

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 08:17PM

Right on. You could also just drop in MormonThink.com cards in the book.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 05:49PM

1 Nephi 4:7-8,18
7 Nevertheless I went forth, and as I came near unto the house of Laban I beheld a man, and he had fallen to the earth before me, for he was drunken with wine.
8 And when I came to him I found that it was Laban.
18 Therefore I did obey the voice of the Spirit, and took Laban by the hair of the head, and I smote off his head with his own sword.

Alma 17:37-38
37 But behold, every man that lifted his club to smite Ammon, he smote off their arms with his sword; for he did withstand their blows by smiting their arms with the edge of his sword, insomuch that they began to be astonished, and began to flee before him; yea, and they were not few in number; and he caused them to flee by the strength of his arm.
38 Now six of them had fallen by the sling, but he slew none save it were their leader with his sword; and he smote off as many of their arms as were lifted against him, and they were not a few.

Ether 15:2
2 He saw that there had been slain by the sword already nearly two millions of his people, and he began to sorrow in his heart; yea, there had been slain two millions of mighty men, and also their wives and their children.

Ether 15:31
31 And it came to pass that after he had smitten off the head of Shiz, that Shiz raised up on his hands and fell; and after that he had struggled for breath, he died.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 07:12PM

Holy $hit....that's more of the BofM than I've read in my whole life....and it's still boring and fucking stupid!

Ron Burr

Posted by: Bombadilgirl ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 07:31PM

1 Nephi 14:10
And he said unto me: there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.

Then add, if you saw Meet the Mormons, ask the church to produce the sequel, Meet the Whore of all the Earth!

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 07:36PM

1 Nephi 14:10
And he said unto me: there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.

Why is it so great to be the lamb of God?

A lamb is just raised for its fleece to make wool products and in the twilight, it's made into lamb chops and mutton stew.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 12:22AM

While this would be a fun project.... we all know that nobody reads them in the first place.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 12:26AM

Every time I'm at a Marriott property, I simply write "www.cesletter.com" on the inside.

That's it.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 09:33AM

I was in Ft. Worth in April and wrote mormonthink.com in the BoM in the night stand. Someone else had already written some scripture references on the inside back cover.

I also left some "pass along" cards in the airplane Skymall magazine and also in the BoM.

Posted by: ShickenSh*t ( )
Date: October 02, 2014 12:15AM

I did the same thing in Austin.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: October 02, 2014 08:35AM

ShickenSh*t Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did the same thing in Austin.

I guess Texas was on our radar. Now to get to my cray cray sister in Amarillo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.