Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 01:21PM

Got in a fight with dear wife yesterday. As always, conflict was rooted in the effects on her personality of a Nazi TBM upbringing. Nazi TBM in-laws have been pure hell in my life. They have backed off of late. Do they even have a clue that their rejecting conditional "love" is a major reason that I left and will never be back? I think the fact that my wife NEVER received unconditional love from her parents explains her awkwardness in feeling empathy and compassion for others. Luckily, all 5 kids are out. They were given permission to think for themselves and they have. They are recognizing that I run block for them against their controlling intrusive grandparents, and they appreciate it. And my cute little wife just hugged me and apologized. Yesterday, she told me I needed to go on antidepressants. LOL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 02:50PM

My ex-wife wanted to badly to be everything a Nazi-TBM could be (and more), but her ADD handicap made those goals impossible for her to achieve.

She wanted so badly to be the wife of a local Church leader. She had 2 problems: 1) her husband (me) is not competitive enough to become a leader in the Church (at all costs); and 2) she did not have the organization gifts to manage her home efficiently enough to devote hours to Church callings, etc.

Nevertheless, she managed to turn our homelife into hell. Home teacher or visiting teachers coming to our home were horror. My wife would be in a panic because our house was not in perfect order (as befitting a home of a potential Church leader) and they would gossip about us in the ward.

It never occurred to her to become better organized throughout the month to improve our lives. Eventually I told HTs not to visit our home because they were not helping our home life.

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 02:57PM

I hear you. In the case of my wife, she freaks out and gets all on edge when her Nazi TBM parents are coming. Thankfully, she has calmed down a lot. I won't talk about some of the situations in the past...painful. Anyways, lots of TBMs have no clue what "Christlike" love is.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 04:28PM

Lots of TBMs have no idea who or what the real Christ is.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.