Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 11:18AM

My BIL's daughter invited me to like a Facebook page for my BIL's suicide prevention non-profit. What I remember of my BIL since I have not seen him in closing in on a decade is that he is a tool. Literally, the guy loves Monson and is a tool for Monson's church.

When I was a child BIL told me he favorite apostle was Monson and that he wanted to be just like him and that he was excited for the day when Monson would run the show.

I threw up in my child mouth. I didn't like this kind of hero worship and still don't. Admire people = yes, worship the ground they walk on = no - for me.

So in tailoring his life to be like a GA hero my BIL has succeeded and is successful in his adopted State of Utah. I won't go into what I think were his ethics. Obviously he changed his mind from its hating Utah Mormons back in the 80s when I met and was forced to interact with this tool of a man. Yes, my mother thought a more manly "brother" was best for us younger boys and asked my BIL to take us on camp outs and excursions when he and my sister were first married. BTW, I dislike my sister as well.

She was a terrible and abusive evil sister who once paraded me around church meetings to sing "I hope They Call Me on a Mission" like a trained monkey. She literally screamed at me when she was forcing me to practice this song until I got it right and it sounded as delightful as a Von Trapp kid's golden voice.

But I digress. Her husband has found an appropriate blame for the statistically significantly higher rate of suicide for young people living in Utah.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3UkNipzCkHJazQzUnQxSGYtV3M/edit?pli=1

Praise Elohim, Jehovah, Michael that The Mormon Church isn't to blame.

Poor kids in Utah. No wonder you want to get high on a mountaintop. The Morg + altitude (not to mention attitude of Mormons like my BIL) = double jeopardy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 11:21AM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rt ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 12:35PM

Looks like serious scholarship to me, no?

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 05:12PM

Actually it looks like your BIL has hooked his bandwagon onto some legit science. He is ofcourse misinterpreting it in typical mormon fashion as The One True Cause of severe depression while in reality there is no such thing. This is an interesting correlation that deserves examination but it still is only one factor in a myriad of factors of what's going on.

Date: September 28, 2014 08:34PM

I guess God wanted His chosen people up on the mountain top to test them.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 08:40PM

Or, to protect his chosen people, and because faith and the priesthood have the power to move mountains, the brethren could command the Wasatch Front to flatten to sea level.

Date: September 29, 2014 01:05PM

Yeah, verily, even unto a mustard seed.

Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: September 28, 2014 09:19PM

The recent threads discussing the media hype about Utah populated by America's happiest citizens now make far more sense when juxtapositioned against the cold hard scientific data that reveal the truth of the matter that Utah folks are at least as sad, if not sadder than the average American.

The truth is Utahans really aren't statistically happier than anyone else, it's just having an excuse to look down their noses at someone, anyone, helps them feel that way. Hence, the corpo-church sponsored fake media hype reassuring the "worthy" masses their tithes are indeed purchasing the happiest possible life.

Date: September 29, 2014 01:04PM

Obviously, Mormons in Utah aren't following The Plan.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2006/04/the-great-plan-of-happiness?lang=eng
"In conclusion, I share the words of President Boyd K. Packer:

“If you understand the great plan of happiness and follow it, what goes on in the world will not determine your happiness.”18"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.