Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 03:18AM

A TBM friend of mine on FB just posted a pic of this enormous house in Provo with this comment:

"Check out this house I was at all day yesterday. 62,000 square feet. The largest home west of the Mississippi! Sits on 22,000 acres in Provo, UT. Thanks for a great few days Tom! This is one wealthy man. He paid cash for it! He is totally debt free. Lives the word!"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the same MLM king Tom Mower that went to jail for tax evasion?

I guess I too would be debt free if I cheated the IRS out of more than $1 million in taxes by failing to report the cashing of an estimated $3.2 million in overseas commission checks.

Lying, cheating, stealing = the Mormon Word. Yup.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 17, 2011 10:21AM

Posted by: TomLies ( )
Date: February 22, 2013 05:06PM

FYI, this guy is a joke. Walks around with a Russian forced marriage wife. I spend alot of time in his so called Mansion of a house and i can tell you 2 things... This guy is PARANOID to the max, and 2... he waists alot of people time demanding things be done ASAP only to complain and have them changed back....

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 10:38AM

Date: March 18, 2011 07:14PM

I just said: hey, didn't this guy go to jail for tax evasion?

He didn't respond.

Posted by: An_Engineer ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 10:58AM

Very likely, the Mower's founded and owned Neways, one of the sleaziest of the Utah MLM's and that's saying a lot. They were one of the first MLM's to gain market share in Russia - thanks to the cooperation of the Russian Mafia.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/645201376/Neways-founders-sent-to-prison-for-tax-evasion.html

But they're big Republican contributors, LDS and rich, so they must be righteous.

God I'm glad I don't work in that industry any more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2011 10:58AM by An_Engineer.

Posted by: Jamie K. ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 06:00AM

Seems like allot of hate going on. My decision is Tom is not a bad guy. He was accused and settled his case. He has remained wealthy and still gives allot to charity. Remember people jealousy and hate will get you no where .

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 07:55AM

Pull your head out of your ass and go "heart sell" somewhere else.

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 10:27AM

Business owners who give to charity usually do so for tax purposes first and foremost.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 08:53PM

In Utah, some people seem to have this fetish about knowing the square footage of half the houses in town.

They should get a life.

And Tom Mower has a 22,000 acre back yard? Is that a typo? That's about 33 square miles.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 10:49AM

22 thousand acre backyard? That flunks the mormon law of hyperbole. No, I think he meant to say:

22 million acre back yard - the norm for any righteous, wealthy LDS man who is righty-tighty with the lord. Hmm, does he have Oval Office ambition?

Posted by: fallenangela ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 09:00PM

That guy is a dirtball and his wife, Dee (ex now? I don't know) is one of those ring-on-every-finger-and-maybe-even-more-than-one-on-each-finger trashy types. And if that guy didn't buy his clothes from International Male, I'd swallow each and every one of Dee's gaudy rings!

Posted by: mo larkey ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 09:15PM

Someone do a google earth map search of Hobble creek canyon just east of springville Ut a couple miles. Look for the biggest house with =lakes= stables, huge fenced areas about 1/2 way up hobble creek. It is enormous and would not surprise me if it is that big ..you can't miss it.

I don't have google earth so I'm out but post a link when you find it so others can see.. it will be obvious. It is larger than anything on Kolob.

He is loaded = the church is true!

Posted by: fallenangela ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 09:27PM

To go through the trouble of looking at this guy's land via satellite photos. I have yet to willingly or purposely watch ANY of the recent Charlie Sheen coverage in the same spirit of: who gives a rat's ass?

The only reason I even clicked on this thread was so I could call him and his wife out for being nouveau riche trash which tickles my black little heart.

Date: March 19, 2011 12:59AM

He responded to my comment:

"He cleared his name. He went to jail and came back, how amazing is that. silly government."

Um ok? WOW.

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 08:00AM

Mormons are conditioned to fall for these MLM schemes, and they worship the owners like GAs.

It's sick.

"He paid cash for his house and did jail time! How cool!"

WTF??

Posted by: Tom Mower ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 12:48PM

Well Mr. Golden Rule. I went to trial in 2006 after being investigated for 12 years for money I brought back from Australia in the years 1988-92. The charge was unpaid taxes on 3.2 million which would have been about $1 million in taxes but penalties and interest which would have been a lot more. I did pay the taxes but since the company was changed by an attorney we employed from a C to an S Corp the IRS we had to pay twice, even though my wife and I were the only owners and shareholders. So we went to trial with a jury of my peers judging an international tax case of complexity. 4 of them were unemployeed, 2 were on welfare, 3 were government workers and 2 were union workers. So about half hated free enterprise and successful people At the end of the trial 5 said we were guilty 5 said Innocent and 2 did not know. After two weeks of deliberation on only 6 counts, the weak ones folded to the immense pressure of the haters. A guilty verdict was reached. The judge them conducted an evidenciary hearing and found that the taxes had been over paid and nothing was owed. The verdict was guilty but not one single dollar was paid. IN FACT I sued the IRS for over payment and got a $274 thousand dollar refund. So reality is different than charges. I never went to prison, spent a year and a half as a librarian in a Dormitory without guards or fences and a judge that said I was not guilty and signed an appeal that went to the then President Bush to pardon my false conviction. I would think you should look to yourself as to guilt for your hatefulness and your prejudiced which is far worse than anything I was alleged to have done. Hate is a bitter thing and you are full of it. To lay a Mormon label on it shows even a deeper psychological issue within you that perhaps you ought to consider professional help for. As a final thought isn't the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you? What an oxymoron this label is.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 12:51PM

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 12:56PM

As a
> final thought isn't the golden rule, do unto
> others as you would have them do unto you? What
> an oxymoron this label is.

"4 of them were unemployeed, 2 were on welfare, 3 were government workers and 2 were union workers. So about half hated free enterprise and successful people"

???? oh ya, NOW you're making sense!

Posted by: sometimes lurker ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 02:06PM

Mr. Mower,

I notice you are Johnny on the spot with your answer here. Hanging out on RFM? Having a bit of crisis of faith are we? Look, here's how it is: You got all the money selling shiz products to gullible Mormons, and we can't fault you for being able to separate them from their money. Taking your business to Russia and getting into bed with Russian organized crime was brilliant. Bully for you. Good job, and all that.

You got the money so you got the power. I suppose you even got to keep a temple recommend while you were serving time. The LDS church will continue to love you for your money and will reward you accordingly, and we can't compete with that. In fact you are destined to become like L. Wynn Johnson, LDS member who went to prison for fraud just like you. When Johnson returned, he was rewarded with a faculty position at BYU Hawaii and later became a mission president. So you have a great Mormon future to look forward to. you, too, will probably become a mission president. Bully for you. Bully, I say. No matter what scum you might become in the eyes of God, the LDS church will seek to reward you with their version of riches in heaven. If you haven't been given your second anointing already, it is only a matter of time.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 02:10PM

sometimes lurker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Hanging out on RFM? Having a bit of
> crisis of faith are we?

or someone's been googling his own name again!

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 10:06AM

Where there's smoke, there's fire. They don't prosecute unless there's a reason. Congrats on having the cash to buy the best lawyers.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: February 22, 2013 05:36PM

You got rich selling things for more than they were worth, based on hype and snake oil. I'll give you credit for being smart, but not for being righteous. Don't pretend to be. Lots of us see right through you.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 22, 2013 05:40PM

rationalguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You got rich selling things for more than they
> were worth, based on hype and snake oil. I'll
> give you credit for being smart...

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-513604.html

Not in picking a "Celestial" partnery which whom to spend "eternity" with....

Posted by: anonforthis ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 01:06PM

"About half hated free enterprise and successful people"

Translation: There were members of the jury who had a problem with someone who makes a fortune and then thinks he should be able to get away with not paying his fair share in taxes just like everybody else.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 02:20PM

He didn't go to prison, he went to a dormitory and bought a pardon.

How hillarious that he posted to RFM. People like him and Rmoney and the likes are total non-believers in Mormonism. They USE mormons and if I could figure out how to and not have to go to dormitory, I'd do it too.

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 05:04PM

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 02:38PM

What a great Mormon guy. We and about 50 homeless children and mothers would like to come stay at your house this weekend. Please sign us up for a year's supply of your mazurka nectar, or whatever, to cure our depression, and benefit the world.

My relative who recently embezzled money from our family company sent me an e-mail a few years ago. Attached, was a picture of my house, the exact square footage, the property tax amount, and the present market value. Yes, this__is__very__creepy! So is embezzling. So is an MLM business with the Russian Mafia.

Let me add, that the real Mafia from New York is after this same relative. He owes their Utah connections money, and he is scared to death--at least that was his sob-story for embezzling.

Enjoyed your sob-story, Mower. It really sucks to be a librarian.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 06:38AM

In 1993 Neways was forced to recall a weight loss product as it was found to contain a dose at medical levels of the prescription diuretic furosemide.[6]
In 2004 Neways was convicted on criminal charges relating to the distribution of a pharmaceutical product containing human growth hormone, which is illegal to distribute without a prescription.[7]
In 2005, the founders Thomas and Leslie Mower were convicted of tax fraud for concealing over four million US dollars of revenue. They also presented false loan documents and lied to an IRS special agent.[8] In 2006, Thomas was sentenced to 33 months in prison to be followed by 3 years supervised release and ordered to pay a $75,000 fine in addition to paying prosecution costs. Leslie was sentenced to 27 months in prison to be followed by 3 years supervised release and ordered to pay a $60,000 fine.[9]
In 2008, Neways Japan Ltd. was forced to suspend signup of new distributors by the Japanese government during a three month period (February 21 to May 20) for deceptive conduct occurring in 2006, after distributors lied about competitors products, claiming they would cause cancer.[10]

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 10:06AM

Not only convicted, plead guilty: http://www.mlmwatch.org/11Legal/neways.html

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 09:51AM

And building a house that is the very definition of a great and spacious building.

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 09:58AM

Yaaaawwwwnnnnnn....

A rich guy and his way too big for anybody house.

Been there, seen that, not at all impressed.

But then "I know things"....

Posted by: anon7 ( )
Date: February 22, 2013 05:57PM

A 62,000 SF house? That will make the 3X6 in the end seem quite cramped.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.