Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 26, 2014 06:33PM

Given the way TSCC functions/operated, 'SOP'...

I don't see how the modesty thing could be presented in a non-judgmental way; they 'need' strict rules for modesty, AND to train people about "obedience".

agree or dis-agree?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tig ( )
Date: September 26, 2014 08:37PM

There is no other way. If you believe Satan.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 27, 2014 02:28AM

I think there's a real issue when you equate how you dress with moral uprightness, as opposed to simply being a matter of appropriateness or good taste. Covering your shoulders may be customary is certain circumstances, but it is not a moral decision. It does not indicate virtue.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 09:32PM

^^^^ This.

A nevermo friend posted some photos of her kids and their prom dates. The girl's dresses violated LDS "modesty" standards in one way or another, but there was nothing immodest, nothing inappropriate, nothing trampy about the girls. They just looked nice.

On the other hand, young women dressed 110% in accordance to LDS standards have been known to BEHAVE immodestly -- in every meaning of the word.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: September 27, 2014 03:00AM

they are markers..... that way we all know who is a good Mormon and who is not..... the simple fact that I now wear earings in my second ear piercing is a sign to everyone who comes in contact with me that I am not a "good Mormon" anymore! And its so apparent that every Mormon I come into contact with takes notice..... and many who knew me as a tbm can't help their passive aggressive nature by somehow mentioning the earings.... or bringing attention to it somehow. So without actually saying it they are telling me they are aware that I am not in line with the program that they think I should be in line with..... tsk tsk they let you know that they disapprove.

Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: September 29, 2014 09:14PM

No kidding. Part of why i pierced my second ear hole and got a tattoo and a belly ring was to distinguish myself from them! Because i still had that innocent mormon face : p some things ya just cant change lol.
Ignore their disapproval ;) i bet satan has his septum pierced. Just means were in the cool kids club lol

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 27, 2014 03:09AM

my (2nd) DW had tattoo eyebrows... BOY DID SHE CATCH IT FOR THAT!

anything to divert/dilute ppl away from the important stuff!

'That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!'

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.