Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon 21 ( )
Date: December 25, 2013 07:45PM

If you want to talk, I am here. You are not mentally ill. You have depression. And I have been diagnosed as actually really really mentally stable. :-)
They want you to go to a psychiatric clinic. She is right about the 2 weeks but your insurance will give you more. If you have an EAP, you call them and they will keep getting you another therapist until you find one that does work.
Another of my daughters had PTSD. I called the help line and I said my daughter was in a school hostage thing. She needs the BEST THERAPIST YOU HAVE!. She got the best therapist. 1 month later, she was the only one in the school who had healed. They do work. Some just don't.
What else would you like to know?
They aren't scary places. They are in most part another extention of the hospital. They have jig saw puzzles and TV's. Meals are regulated and so are pill times. You have visitor time and you have priets or chaplin time. REally, it is like being in a hospital.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon 4 This ( )
Date: December 25, 2013 07:51PM

Do you get your own room? My vocal tics can be bad at night and I wouldn't want to keep anyone awake.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 25, 2013 08:00PM

Do your vocal tics occur when you sleep? I can control mine most of the time, but my ex-wife used to say that I talked in my sleep. I'm just curious.

Posted by: Anon For This ( )
Date: December 25, 2013 08:45PM

That's great. I always really liked the Catholic religion and felt a nice spirit in their services. Thanks for your help anon 21.

Date: December 25, 2013 08:46PM

No my vocal tics happen when I am awake and can't sleep. They get aggravated by insomnia.

Date: December 25, 2013 09:07PM

That's great. I always really liked the Catholic religion and felt a nice spirit in their services. Thanks for your help anon 21.

Date: December 25, 2013 10:24PM

Still here. Thanks for being my devotee tonight :)

Date: December 25, 2013 09:12PM

I wouldn't worry about it. Just tell them you have this on the intake.

Many Catholic hospitals have psych wards and they have agreements with your insurance which means they partner with them.

An important thing before you go there is to remember to get all of your medications in a plastic bag so that they know exactly what you have and what is in your system. You can have your nightgown and slippers and regular shoes and clothes so you can pack a bag also. You can bring a notebook or tablet in with ebooks BUT they don't recommend it. Candy for dry mouth because of the meds. Your medical card and your ID.

So relax. Do self hypnosis, meditation. You don't like your sleeping pills BUT you got little sleep last night. Recognize that you might need one tonight. What the nurse said was true, you can admit yourself whenever you like. Just a cab ride to the ER.

You know, I know you have been waiting for your husband and your daughter but many people on this board are really concerned about you, not just the catholics. Everyone would be upset if you got to that point in your head, you know the desperate but don't care point in your head. But more importantly, you have to care less about your extended family and more about your own family. Most importantly you have to take care of this yourself. MY BIL was horrified when he was first committed. It was horrific for my sister. He did not want to go.
At some point you are going to have to recognize when you have reached that point, when this isn't something that you can just take one of your pills for. Its manning up and doing the right thing. So even if your husband is not there and you don't want to bother him, we are trusting you to man up and do the right thing. SO you're there ahead of your husband. So what? If you were throwing up blood and your husband wasn't there, you'd go to the hospital, Right? If you broke your leg and had to go to the hospital you would go, right? You have a real medical condition. Its just like a broken leg. Sometimes it looks like a swollen ankle but there comes a point where you need something more. Same difference.

But we will be here and the admins will keep the thread going.

I can easily tell you a non state hospital. If you are worried about cost, most of them have social service programs where they will cut your bill.

Any more questions?

Date: December 25, 2013 07:55PM

Yes, she was COMPLETELY better. If you read the post I posted from the other blog, you see that that woman had depression, she thought about suicide but then she kept working and she got COMPLETELY better. My daughter suffered from anxiety, and she took the celexa and she is COMPLETELY better. People get COMPLETELY better. They get their life back. My brother in law suffered from debilitating depression after he suffered from an ecoli infection and had to be committed many times. It took 4 years and many medication adjustments but he is on the right medication and he is COMPLETELY better and working and hiking.

I have to go feed homeless again. My daughter will be watching online.
I'm sorry that there was rancor on here. You didn't deserve that.

Date: December 25, 2013 07:57PM

It depends on the hospital. I can call for you and find out. But most of the time yes. And they are used to tourettes and other illnesses. You can walk and watch TV. I think the computers are limited. There is both group and individual but like I said, it can be a bit crowded. You want a hospital that isn't the state hospital.

Date: December 25, 2013 08:01PM

Again not because they are worse, but because they are crowded. Sometimes it is the only way to get the homeless off the street and not frozen. If you live in a warm state, the psych ward will not be so crowded.
If you don't want people to know you are in the psych ward, the hospital people WILL NOT TELL THEM. IF your family lives miles and miles away, you can stay in there and call them and it just works out to a hospital phone number. YOu can always say, I am visiting a friend in the hospital. It makes you seem charitable to your family.

Date: December 25, 2013 08:33PM

I am back. The priest excused me to come back. He would like to tell you that many priests have counseling degrees, we have priests that deal with depression counseling also have catholic charities and anything you talk to to a priest is absolutely confidential. He says Papa Frank WILL excommunicate him if he isn't.:-) You can call a priest at any hour to talk to them and they don't care about your religion.

Date: December 25, 2013 10:16PM

You there?

Date: December 25, 2013 10:26PM

Still here. Thanks for being my devotee tonight. :)

Date: December 25, 2013 10:57PM

Yes that is one of my husband's favorite movies of all time.

Date: December 25, 2013 10:30PM

Yes devoted and watching Die Hard :-)

Date: December 25, 2013 10:32PM

Its our normal Christmas movie. They are coming out with a 6th and last. To me it is true romanticism, love, Christmas and blowing up a building for Christmas. Its so beautiful.

Date: December 25, 2013 10:58PM

That that is one of my husbands favorite movies of all time. He adores it.

Date: December 25, 2013 11:23PM

Good night I'm off. Thanks for hanging with me tonight!

Date: December 25, 2013 11:28PM

You have a favorite??

Posted by: Anon For This ( )
Date: December 25, 2013 11:37PM

Love "Back To The Future" and "Titanic"

Date: December 25, 2013 11:38PM

OK. Have a good night.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: December 26, 2013 12:08AM

Goo to the er. You wool be so relieved. I remember my first time walking down the hall to the locked door and thinking I would have never in a million years pictured myself here.
As for insurance go to any er and they will seed you to the place that will take it.

If you are in Utah let me know I CA give you more detail, but just go now and take care of yourself and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. That kid will not be ok if you leave this life. Not in a million years.

I have been where you are and came out on the other side. But if I hadn't given in and fine to the er I would not be here today for my son. Don't wait any longer.. Please go!!!!! It is not bad and will keep you safe if nothing else.

Go go go. They know exactly what to do. Just thinking of it as being a but selfish. You deserve this help. You don't have to wait for your hubby either. Please go and let professionals take care of you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.