Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: September 24, 2014 05:22PM

It was wonderful to meet Tom in Paris in Paris! We -- my husband and I and Tom -- had a great visit. It was like meeting an old friend, which is what most RfMers have found when we meet in real life. And, Tom, thanks for the restaurant suggestions. We went to the one near where we met, and had one of the nicest experiences we've had so far. There was a singer with his guitar, as it happened, and he was great.

A bientot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 24, 2014 05:27PM

I have corresponded with Tom and agree. He's a great guy. Educated and talented too. Three cheers for Soft Machine.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 24, 2014 06:21PM

It is very nice of him to take the time.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: September 24, 2014 06:32PM

Jealous

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 04:28PM

Hey Lorraine

It was lovely to meet you and your husband - the time was too short, but in your image: lively and interesting :-)

Next time you must come and visit my place for a bit longer - we had lots left to talk about, even after nearly 2 hours.

I hope the rest of your stay is fun.

And to the others on this thread:

Blush blush

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 04:59AM

With the exigencies of travel, the capriciousness of hotel WiFi coverage and pressure of meeting timetables, I haven't had a chance to get back to this thread. I wasn't sure Tom had seen it, so I'm glad to see he has.

Tom, thanks again for taking the time after your work day and before your commute to sit down with us and share a couple of hours. It was terrific meeting you: Your experiences and insights were wonderful, and you have a great sense of humour and outlook. We both enjoyed your company!

I hope other RfMers will have the chance to meet Tom. He's very intelligent, articulate and interesting. Besides which, he's great company and very generous with his time. He's one of the people that make this board great.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: September 30, 2014 09:23AM

Jealous. Tom has always seemed like a kind, genuine person.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.