Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tig ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 09:47AM

The tribs article on are children off limits in the same-sex marriage debate.

The summary is that Mary Summerhays leads a "defense of marriage" rally and uses a photo of the daughter of a lesbian couple to demonstrate how evil this practice is and how much it will harm "the children"

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 23, 2014 09:50AM

Who does this woman think she is. I am so tempted to buy a bill board with her daughter on it saying "I am being raised by a manipulative cow."

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:19AM

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 09:53AM

Both the Girl Scouts and the public schools ask for parental consent to put kids' pics in newsletters.

Date: September 23, 2014 10:02AM

It is legal if the photo was in the public domain to begin with. Like this one:

https://www.familyfirst.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Amelia-Summerhays.jpg

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 09:59AM

The only damage caused to my kids was the fact that the lds church coerced us into marriage and my kids suffered the fallout of a failed marriage and their dad leaving.

He is a good father.

From what I've observed, gays are much better fathers than a lot of mormon fathers. They want their children, feel that it is a privilege to have children, and they want to spend time with their children.

The LDS church could care less about all the children effected by gay/straight marriages.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:08AM

Two of my married gay friends have been trying to adopt for a number of years. It is so sad that it hasn't worked out for them because there is no possible way any child could have a better home and two more loving parents. They are both professional stable incredible people. They finally decided to foster. They have had 2 children for over a year now. The little boy is about 3 and the little girl they brought home from the hospital as a newborn and she just turned a year old. Many states won't even let gay couples foster.

You could not ask to see two happier, more loved children. It kills me that the parents will probably regain custody and they will be returned to a volatile situation and two people who love them and are the only parents the kids remember having, will have broken hearts. In fact, they knew that going into it, but they decided that if children have to be in the foster system, they'd rather risk a broken heart and be the ones to give the children everything they deserve.

It ticks me off so badly too, Tig, that people are so ignorant. Especially under the guise of "protecting" children and families. The only people these children need protection from are ultra-religious morons.

Posted by: ultra ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:12AM

I was very opposed to gays to adopt children until I had an epiphany one day because of a life experience.

I own a daycare and was accused of molesting one of the kids. I didn't. The parents were trying to get revenge on us for a payment issue and turning them in to CPS.

So I went through a few months were I couldn't go onto my own business.

So the thinking of some straights is that homosexuals are PEDOphiles who just want access to the same sex kids to abuse...

That WAS my thinking on one level.

So while I was going through this I thought...

You have been accused of pedophilia and you are NOT...SO WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO ACCUSE THEM!?

They could be a couple guys or gals who just happen to like kids like I do.

So I thought...

Would I rather have a child with a couple of guys like ME but gay, or would I rather have them with a heterosexual couple who hates each other and take it out on the kids?

It was a no brainer for me after I thought about it that way.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.