Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 03:52PM

Something tells me it's going to need a new name.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 04:00PM

Well, it's the 15th, so let's check the Oracle...

If it's a female surprise then it's new name is Tabitha, otherwise it's new name is Josiah.

Posted by: finalfrontier ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 04:06PM

Last post from anointedone I saw said he had to delay it due to pressure from church leaders.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 04:11PM

See the following:
Hoping the Surprise is real: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1082144

and

Wondering if the surprise was the b*llboard: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1073962

and

Request to rename the surprise to "November Nihilation": http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1069593

and

Wondering if they missed it: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1069411

and

Looking for an update: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1058872 (which was continued in http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1061912)

and

Mr Benson giving an update about why Tom wasn't able to present at the Ex-Mo conference: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1060565

and

Calling Tom a liar for not having presented (posted on Oct 18, nothing like giving him till the end of the month) http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1055686

and Finally

Still waiting for the announcement (also posted on Oct 18, really?) http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1055443

I'm sure there are more. I realize that most people don't think about doing a search, so I'm not trying to be harsh. But it seems like there is a post about this every day now. I'm sure Tom is doing his best, and I'm very sure that he doesn't need pressure from the people who are supposed to be supporting him to work faster... Can we please give him a break? I mean, hasn't the guy done enough already?

---------------
ETA: Here's probably the info most of us 'need to know' straight from Tom in early October:

"First, I never coined the term 'October Surprise' and second, I never mentioned it would be GC weekend. This whole thing grew legs after I made an off the cuff remark.

"That said, I am expecting to announce something before the end of October (exact timing is not totally in my control). Whether it is a surprise or anything big, I will leave to you to judge. I personally think it will be both a 'surprise' and 'big' but that is only my personal opinion for what it is worth."

For the original post see: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1039524,1039793#msg-1039793

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 05:23PM by Finally Free!.

Posted by: nevermo1 ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 04:12PM

Hope we get to hear about it before Christmas!

Imagine discussing THAT over Christmas dinner with the family.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 04:18PM

Look to your left. There's a big sign...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 04:19PM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 05:44PM

My work on the so called 'October Surprise' was actually completed on 7th October, more than sufficient for an announcement at some time in October.

The timing of the release was then in the lap of 'higher authorities'. I have been battling these authorities and providing further information to them ever since. However, as I have previously stated, I do not have control of the timing.

Be assured I will do all in my power that it happens as soon as possible. I am not foolish enough, however, to make another prediction of the timing. October was a good faith prediction, entirely possible but for the unforeseen opposition I have received.

The pressures on me were sufficient to make me consider walking away from the whole issue. Especially given certain nasty comments by some posters on various boards. Nevertheless, having come this far and especially due to the countless messages of support I have received from people willing to be patient, I will not cease until this happens.

Date: November 15, 2013 05:46PM

Are these church authorities? If so, why consult with them at all?

Date: November 15, 2013 05:48PM

No, far more important than church authorities. That is all I can say at this time.

Date: November 15, 2013 05:52PM

Aah yes, the Illuminati, gotcha. *taps nose*

;)

Posted by: whitethunder ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 06:47PM

> ... far more important than church authorities ...

That's not really saying much you know... ;)

Posted by: whitethunder ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 05:56PM

Tom, you've done far more than 99% of ex-Mormons to help the brainwashed see the light. Just keep kicking ass however you feel like it. You didn't need a church to tell you how to believe and you don't need nay-sayers to tell you that you owe them anything or pretend you haven't done enough for them already.

Date: November 15, 2013 05:58PM

Thanks whitethunder.

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 06:19PM

I agree with WT!!!

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 06:31PM

Well said whitethunder. Well said.

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 06:37PM

Mate there's a lot of damaged people on this board, if you remember the variety of people when we were at church well, you don't reckon there's not similar variety here?

And its anonymous. Want to check humanity? Go read comments on you tube. Ouch.

Just cos people are on ex LDS forums doesn't mean they're not toxic personalities or complete a hats. It just means they've figured out the LDS Disney version is a sham.

That said, there are some tremendously wonderful people amongst our ex community and here.

Personally I have found new order m forum my water level for discussion, kindness through my transition and non mockery, not that that is here.

My thoughts for those who ask me or you or others to satisfy what they want, in the timeframe they want, is that they typically haven't ever put their own nads on the table themselves- beyond the angst, implications and fall out of leaving the church, which was traumatic for all of us.

Its pretty ordinary to dump on someone because they aren't doing something for you, unrequited, fast enough. But welcome to life, welcome to the web.

Now, much has been eliminated and I'm not asking you to speculate what it is, but can you categorically rule_out_that the "surprise" is the hooker from new Zealand who shared a special moment with Elder Pickle is prepared to be interviewed by Rolling Stone magazine?

Just speculating of course.

About who will cover the story.

#fascinatednooneisontothisstoryveryclosetohavingreceiptinmyhand

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 05:49PM

It's only november! You have 11 more months to wait.

Date: November 15, 2013 05:51PM

I love you madalice.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )

++++ !!!

And can wait 11 months.
Whatever it takes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 06:52PM by zenjamin.

Posted by: madalice ( )

I love you too.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )

+100!

Posted by: steve benson ( )

. . . who, when asked if an October Surprise was on the horizon, told me he hadn't heard or seen any indication. He turned out to be right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 05:52PM by steve benson.

Date: November 15, 2013 05:54PM

Steve, if the surprise is for them why would anyone in Moville or Moism be aware of it?

Tom

Date: November 15, 2013 06:14PM

. . . pending developments that were perhaps being kicked around during the run-up to October Conference. I wasn't asking about anything that had to do with the source personally.

Date: November 15, 2013 06:30PM

. . . much bigger than mere Morg contact.

Like you said, "[It's] far more important than church authorities. That is all I can say at this time."

Delicious. :)

Carry on. I'm sure you'll "get it right," you devil, you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 06:56PM by steve benson.

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 06:11PM

Tom take your time. Get it right my friend. I think we all need to exercise just a little more patience. But when it does eventually appear Tom, make sure it strikes deep into the very heart of this utter abomination of a Cult.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 06:18PM

Looking forward to it whenever it comes.

Posted by: limes ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 06:28PM

I've read so many posts on the various boards about this and I don't understand the negativity or why anyone thinks it is fair to harp on the timing or on anointedone personally. I don't get it.

How many people use their own names on here or on other boards, with their own personal reputations backing up everything said here, or how many of us have contributed anything of substance that might make a difference like Tom has done with interviews and posts and the work on mormonthink?

He has said more than once that the timing is not in his control. I understand anger against things the church does, but this anger or scorn or whatever it is against anointedone seems really misplaced.

Date: November 15, 2013 06:43PM

He has the guts I wish I had, to be out and facing the consequences. He has taken the red pill and I hope to do the same someday. Till then I am happy to be patient.

Posted by: colorado ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 06:44PM

As always Tom - I wish you well. You have my full support. Glad to see your post. Cheers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.