Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GadiantonRobber ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:36PM

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a link or video, recording of the latest changes to the temple movie? A lot of my family has been jabbering about it, and I'm curious to know more. The made changes in 2013, then in 2014? Not sure exactly.

Have they changed just a few scenes? Got new actors? Added CGI? Anything major? Etc. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: johnny bugeyes ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 12:57AM

I heard it was awesome! It was directed by Michael Bay! Lots of explosions and stuff...

:)

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 12:58AM

A few new ones lately.

My family has been gushing about it too.

How spiritual and "genuine" they are now.

Just more emotional manipulation.

Posted by: johnny bugeyes ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 01:00AM

What?!?!

You mean no Transformers?!?!

ugh...

Posted by: darkshadow ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 02:29AM

It is now a musical.

Such great songs as "put your hand in the hand of the man who gives you tokens", "the circle of prayer" and "bakerman, bakerman".

Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 02:40PM

OMG! Now I'm singing along. Love it!

Posted by: Good Clean Fun ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 02:31PM

Two or three new versions of the video. They still show the old ones, too. I think the idea is to mix it up to try and keep people awake. Good luck.

I watched the first of the recent new versions. It had some great scenery shots of southern Utah. The over-the-top acting and HeartSell music score was obnoxious.

Here's my review from a different forum several months ago:

"Corbin Allred (Satan) could tell you your shoes are untied in a way that would make you quiver and cower in fear. They upped the fear factor by an order of magnitude, with that old (but young-looking and handsome) serpent glaring and pointing and seething to the point that poor Eve just about had a melt-down. Satan was the star of the show and actually quite fun to watch if I disregarded the number he was doing on TBM heads. He had a cool wardrobe, too.

Peter, James, and John get more tame with every remake. Surprise - they all had MTC haircuts and looked a lot like a 21st century bishopric from Pocatello, Idaho. I miss John from the Michael Ballam version; he was obviously a wrestler and was the real reason Satan slunk away without a fight. Bring him back and have Satan try to take him on. That'll get me to watch at least one more time.

Apparently southern Utah represents the terrestrial world and the scenery footage was fantastic. Maybe I'll retire in Moab if Utah will start allowing real beer to be served on tap."

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 02:37PM

They should put Meet the Mormons on the temple screens.

Do each of you swear this was the best movie you ever saw?
Bow your head and say yes! That will do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.